Weird 1987 Range Rover Classic I purchased

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Well found a nice set of proper aluminum wheels for this thing. Also a new set of front fenders. I have one rust patch to repair in the footwell on the passenger side. All in all it won't be bad once it get painted.

I've removed most of the crap wiring.

The engine runs on starter fluid. I need to check whether or not the fuel pump is getting power or not. The relay has power. I jumped it with a wire but I couldn't it get it to send fuel up front. So I'll check that wiring out. And try to power it with another battery.

8b30cfe3e2fb347bb131e9ec071f68ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Well getting more done. Taking it back to original has not been easy. I found some good fenders, hood and cowl.

I've been body working those parts. It should be ready to paint next week

czenkov

Adventurer
Getlost4x4, ran across this one on the local want ads as being parted out. Sad, seems like another interesting RRC that is about to be no more...

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Getlost4x4, ran across this one on the local want ads as being parted out. Sad, seems like another interesting RRC that is about to be no more...

That would be mine. i had to buy it for parts to fix this one up. getting parts is nearly impossible for the body and interior of these things. But if you saw it, you'd understand why i'm parting it out. There is rat crap and mouse crap everywhere. the roof was also caved in. Its not a good truck

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Well it's moving along. Slowly.

I had to fabricate a new driver side floor plan. It's mostly done. Just need to grind down the welds and make it look prettier. Somehow the passenger side is ok.

I put a "new set of fenders up front and a new hood. I also hammer and dollied the rear passenger fender. It's straight again. I only had to use a touch of body filler.

Anyway a few pictures.

247a3914818b5913f4dff3ee5df6aaad.jpg

d98263fcbaac9f5b773d5ea6c1834ede.jpg

1b6fad013d494083cd1bd24f16d869bf.jpg

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Yes. My buddy and I have been fixing up Range Rover Classics for the last 3 years to various degrees. This one will hopefully be one of the nicer ones. We like to return them to stock.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Well. Floors are patched up. Paint is prepped and body work has been finished. It's off getting painted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94