Ozotron's 2010 OR Xterra, 15 days on the road, Canadian Rockies + WABDR

ozotron

Make: Nissan
Year: 2010
Model: Xterra
Trim: Off Road 4WD
Color: Black

//Info
This is my adventure vehicle. I use it for snowboarding in the winters and for camping and exploring the pnw in the summers. My wife and I sleep in the back. The dog is the new adventurer for this season... so far so good!

I'll be posting some of my photos from our adventures here to share as well as some of the progress on the truck.

Day 1 mileage: Dec 2015 with 48K miles
June 2016 mileage: 55K
August 2016 mileage: 61k

//MODS

//Exterior
[/] Maxterra rear tire-swing bumper. Bk-120 powder coat.
[x] DepHep drop-in rack w/ rear extension
[x] Raingler handles
[x] Window Rainguard inserts
[x] Black S-model OEM headlight swap
[x] ARB 6000 Awning

//Suspension[/B]
[x] 285/75/16 Duratrac w/ Melt mod
[x] Nisstec Extended/Ultimate kit
[x] 2.5 RadFlo coilover set at 2"
[x] SPC UCA
[x] Nisstec AAL (stock leafs have some good life left)
[x] PRG Shackle set to middle

//Electronics
[x] Retrofit 20" bar, currently in grill
[\] 2x Retrofit 4-banger pods. Not installed yet.
[x] 2x cheapo kawell amber side lights for camp. Not installed yet.
[\] Odyssey Extreme battery. Just arrived today! (6/15/16)
[x] Cobra 75wx CB
[x] Firestik 2'
[x] Diamond mount k400 Amazon

//Engine
[\] IMS Not installed
[x] CSF big ************ radiator from offroadguerilla, Screw smod.

My first X was a 2007 manual S model that belonged to my father. I bought it with 60k miles and put 40 more on it over the next 3 years. Retired the old silver one to a new life with my pal Dan.
2%20(2).jpg

I immediately bought this 2010 Off Road model with less than 50k miles.
black_new.jpg

Fairly current images
black_may.jpg

dog.jpg

Last edited:

jhberria

Adventurer
Welcome! Great looking Xterra. I'm a little south of you in Lacey. Are you planning on going to the Northwest Overland Rally?

ozotron

Not this year! The next weekend though I'm gonna be heading out to explore stampede or 410 somewhere. Havent decided... but doing a 2 day trip that weekend. June 1 - 3. Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome! Great looking Xterra. I'm a little south of you in Lacey. Are you planning on going to the Northwest Overland Rally?

jstevens05

Did you custom fab the recovery points or have someone do it? I know someone over at thenewx was making them but he has stopped. Do you have any pictures of the mounts themselves or if you made them do you have any interest in making another set?

ozotron

My latest project. I've been prepping the top for the roof rack. My last xterra had rust developing in many spots on the roof. Specifically the rain channels. I also needed to run some wire through the roof grommet... So tons of roof work.

I very carefully removed the hardware on top. And then had linex of kirkland do a pass on the top, rain channels included.

image.jpg
image.jpg

I cut into the stock grommet to run power to roof. (Wired in an extra one for future needs, just in case)

Just going with these simple switches until I have more time to do something nicer. Left to right will be front, sides, rear lights.
image.jpg

Then did a test fit of rack plus new handles.

image.jpg

Gotta do some finishing work tomorrow night on some side Amber lights... But so far, I like the rack! More pictures to come of the lights.

jstevens05

Nice. I would like to see what the shop did, I've got a buddy who welds for a living so going to see if he can whip something up for me.

RockyZuk

Observer
digging the lineX'd roof. I will need to do something similar, I dont have rust issues but I am losing paint on my rain gutters at a fairly quick rate...

ozotron

Exactly what started with my silver x. So far, I love the linex top... Was great on a recent 3 day trip. Not having to worry about scratches up there is a plus.

ozotron

Nice. I would like to see what the shop did, I've got a buddy who welds for a living so going to see if he can whip something up for me.

Hey jstevens05, here are some pictures finally. Sorry it took so long... its a very simple setup. Has worked like a charm once or twice... just nice to have. They were a little low before I got my lift...but now they are functional.

tow_001.jpg
tow_002.jpgtow_003.jpg

jstevens05

Thanks man! I'm gonna take these picks to my welder friend and see what he can do. I'll bring him the oem hook so he can match up the bolt spacing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94