The Bold Overland Tacoma - Build Thread

K.Ray

Adventurer
That is EXACTLY why I put my antenna on that mount. The new truck is looking awesome by the way, nice work.

Thank you. She's certainly coming along! I'm having a lot of trouble with my Fire Ring cable and grounding to the ARB. Just found some forum info where people dremel the powedercoat off the bottom of the mount so I'll probably try that.

Cletus26

Adventurer
Ya. The top needs to be insulated while the bottom of a mount needs good ground. What I've done on my mount was welded a stainless steel washer to the bottom to prevent any corrosion

K.Ray

Adventurer
For your Ruckus, I highly recommend the DORF seat frame. It makes the ride way more comfortable.

It's actually pretty nice as is. I just really don't want to lose the storage under the seat. We plan on putting the solid sides on the seat frame for added capacity.

K.Ray

Adventurer
Well, a lot has changed in my life these past few weeks! Whew! I started a new job with C.H. Robinson this week and have lost most of my time during the week to focus on overland related stuff. In between juggling real life responsibilities I did manage to get the new truck rebadged and we plan on attending Earthbound Overland's second run of 2016 this weekend. They're expecting 30 to 60 rigs. Can't wait!

K.Ray

Adventurer
Spent last Saturday running group Charley with Earthbound Overland, Broken Spoke Overland, and Peach State Overland. The event attracted more than 65 rigs and over 160 people!

shadow61

Observer
awesome setup, i'm about an hour or so north of knoxville just across in ky, trying to get my rig setup so i can hit the trails.

K.Ray

Adventurer
Are all these "overlands" businesses, or just guys that like stickers?

Little column A and a little column B. We are a licensed, copyrighted, and trademarked business doing a lot of things in the background that we're just too busy to market. We're also fairly terrible at social media, photography, and videography, so a lot goes undocumented. We're trying to get better but honestly care more about what we're doing than sharing it on the internet. We do semi-annual free training weekends, events, rides, wheeling trips, long distance expeditions, more classes, regular monthly meetings for the local community that serve as a round-table of sorts, and other things that help us share our passions, skills, and memories with other like-minded individuals. We also partner with key industry leaders to advance ideals, products, and platforms.

...and we do like stickers!

keylay

Adventurer
Little column A and a little column B. We are a licensed, copyrighted, and trademarked business doing a lot of things in the background that we're just too busy to market. We're also fairly terrible at social media, photography, and videography, so a lot goes undocumented. We're trying to get better but honestly care more about what we're doing than sharing it on the internet. We do semi-annual free training weekends, events, rides, wheeling trips, long distance expeditions, more classes, regular monthly meetings for the local community that serve as a round-table of sorts, and other things that help us share our passions, skills, and memories with other like-minded individuals. We also partner with key industry leaders to advance ideals, products, and platforms.

...and we do like stickers!

Okay, this guy is a no nonsense, actions speak louder than words kind of guy! Not that others who don't use social media more, but i can dig this.

K.Ray

Adventurer
Long work week ended with what most would consider a major problem. I just smiled and went to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior