Travesia Mimbres to Mogollon, NM

Desert Rat 1

Adventurer
Last weekend we finally got to go out again and do what we love. This time we went with some good friends we met down in Chihuahua last spring and some we met for the first time, but having the same love for the outdoors it felt like we had known them for a long time and had a great time together. We traveled northwest from El Paso to Mimbres NM, followed NM 35 and started the trail at the North Star Rd., headed north then west until we hit the Loco Mountain Rd., went through Snow Lake and camped at Ben Lilly. The next day we then followed the Bursum Rd. west to Mogollon and came out on Highway 180, went south to Silver City and back to El Paso. It was a total of 400.999 + and something miles, and about 120.999 and something miles on dirt. Not bad for a weekend.

Here airing down at the North Star Rd. entrance.

On the road...again....

Last edited:

big a

Adventurer
I've spent some time up around Cimarron and the Enchanted Circle region. I'll head back up to Rio Castilla Park this summer for some exploration and fly fishing!!!! Gosh, wish I was there now!!!!

-Andy

Desert Rat 1

Adventurer
The Bursum Road

We woke up to a very nice cool morning... and after enjoying a nice cup of coffee and a hot bowl of menudo we just relaxed for awhile, we broke camp and continued our trek west on the Bursum Road, towards Mogollon...

Desert Rat 1

Adventurer
Mogollon, NM

To wrap this up, we continued on and started the descent towards Mogollon.

We arrived back home just in time for a great sunset and moonrise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior