Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: campsite pics..lets see um

Hybrid View

Talking campsite pics..lets see um

Lets see your campsite pics, I like seeing how people organize their home away from home and it gives me ideas for my own setup.

I go for the KISS approach - the less that's out, the later I can sleep in.
    BKCowGod - Northern, CA
    '95 Dodge Dakota - Big square V8 Beast Monster
    '93 Range Rover LWB - Long-term project status

Quote Originally Posted by BKCowGod
    I go for the KISS approach - the less that's out, the later I can sleep in.
    This is excellent.
    2006 Toyota Tacoma

Can you tell I'm a fan of simplicity?

-Seth
    Last edited by seth_js; 05-21-2012 at 06:57 AM.

This is my best set up yet. But it's for a longer stay in one place which I normally don't like to do.

That's my buddy Jerry and his stock Zuk.

So...it goes.....

My truck.........

Jerry's Day Screen with tarp floor......

Jerry's Tent.......

Jerry's Zuk.........

I sleep in my truck so I pull it up just under the edge of the day screen to help keep the dew or rain out of my truck. My tailgate becomes a table for the day screen area.

This is way too overdone for me. Normally I just stop at the end of the day at the best place I can find....sleep in my truck....then head out the next morning when I'm ready. But because of this...I can pack up and be off in under 5 min.

This is my medium set up..........

and this is my travel lite mode..........
    I now have matching silver tarp baby!.....

Here are a few shots.

One is from a wet 3 day stay on the Pacific coast (Queen Charlotte Islands), with poly tarp over a tent, and Kelty 'Sunshade' over the table. More recently I've been using a Kelty Noah 12 tarp (diamond wing) over the dining area.

Another is from a forest service site above Telluride (Alta Lakes), again, rainy weather. In this case the 2 of us slept in the Element, and I rigged a wing tarp (MSR Vista Wing) over the adjacent table. I have also used a Kelty 'Carport' awning over the side of the Element.

The third is from a multiday stay in the Bella Coola valley of BC. Here I used a large 4 man tent for sleeping, and large tarp (Walrus Aerotarp 150) over the dining area. In this case, the tarp served more to keep needles out of the food, rather than keeping rain out. This was our base camp, with day trips up lightly used forestry roads into the surrounding mountains.

The fourth is from a forest service camp at Harts Pass in Washington. This site had just been reopened after a forest fire a couple of years ago. With clear, bug free weather, camp setup was minimal - just cooking gear on the table during meals, and sleeping in the car. The Element served as a nice deer watching blind in the morning.

I try to keep the kitchen gear simple and compact. One 8 gal Rubbermaid box holds the stove set (Trangia alcohol) and pans, and other gear. Another box holds food, mostly dry and canned. A small cooler holds mostly lunch stuff. Sometimes I'll add another Rubbermaid with a small dutch oven and related gear. At night this all gets stashed back in the car, or on the roof rack.

paulj
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by paulj; 06-13-2006 at 06:14 AM.

Here is ours... Our ol Bonair tent trailer with an outdoor table. We don't like cooking in it sooo.. we picked up a screen tent to put over our Cabelas camp kitchen and we picked up a stove/oven combo. Been loving it so far! It was our first year out camping. Our girls loved it! Next year I want to teach them how to fish!

pskhaat is offline Expedition Portal Moderator 2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
    Setting up day camp near some dunes in Moab:

And my oldest boy near our `secret' camp spot, with soft sand and inside a wide slot:
    Last edited by pskhaat; 02-24-2010 at 11:09 PM.
    Pskhaat (Scott)
    UZJ100 "Mama Kuiser" built to look cool for the soccer mom
    FZJ80 über rare "Geen", cloth'd & locked

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast