Tyres for Vario 17.5"

docka

Adventurer
Anyone have any recommendations/prices/suppliers for standard 215/75/17.5 tyres for the Vario 4x2?
I'm in the market for a complete set of 6 as there's cracking evident on the current ones.
Thanks

Bruce Lee

Tyres

Hi Docka

I have 2 sets for sale 6 205x17.5 studed, and 7 215 x 17.5, all good condition, near Bristol

Bruce

Hi Mario

Yes, still for sale, all position.

Call or text me on 0 seven eight 11 871859

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the offer buddy but I had a bit of a scary blow out on the inner rear passenger side last week which made me check the tyres properly and I found that 3 out of the 7 were in pretty bad shape. Upshot is that I've decided to bite the bullet and splash out on a new set. I always think my van looks like a golf cart with the smaller diameter tyres so I'm gonna go for the much larger 9.5R17.5 Firestone FD600's. It will add an extra 150mm or so in height by my calcs!:Wow1:

Thanks

MARIŌVERLAND;2143623 said:
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the offer buddy but I had a bit of a scary blow out on the inner rear passenger side last week which made me check the tyres properly and I found that 3 out of the 7 were in pretty bad shape. Upshot is that I've decided to bite the bullet and splash out on a new set. I always think my van looks like a golf cart with the smaller diameter tyres so I'm gonna go for the much larger 9.5R17.5 Firestone FD600's. It will add an extra 150mm or so in height by my calcs!:Wow1:

Thanks

Has anyone had any experience of running 9.5r17.5 tyres on a vario 4x4? I was just wondering if it softens the ride at all due to the higher side walls?
Thanks

pushlan

On my vario installed at the rear Michelin XZY 9.5R17.5, and Toyo M149 at the front
28812025012_50979dde5c_b.jpg

and they are comfortable

Last edited:

jostein

Adventurer
Ive got 10R17.5. Which is the largest you can find for 17.5 rims. They are Bridgestone VSX m+s front and rear.
Works nice and lowered the revs quite a lot compared to the 235/75R17.5 I had before.

9.5R17.5 are by the way stated as factory size on mine.

On my vario installed at the back Michelin XZY 9.5R17.5, and Toyo M149 at the front
28812025012_50979dde5c_b.jpg

and they are comfortable

Hi Pushlan
Nice work in progress you have there, where are you based, I couldn't find many clues from the pic. Any pros and cons re toyo or Michelin?
Thanks
Mario

Ive got 10R17.5. Which is the largest you can find for 17.5 rims. They are Bridgestone VSX m+s front and rear.
Works nice and lowered the revs quite a lot compared to the 235/75R17.5 I had before.

9.5R17.5 are by the way stated as factory size on mine.

I haven't seen many 10R17.5 available in the UK. Do you have any pictures to show the size of them?
Thanks
Mario

Jostein,
I've just had another look at your build thread and can see the size of the 10R tyres. They look pretty big! You had a shot of them next to some Firestone FD600's were they 9.5R? If so was there something not negative about them that made you change? It would be great to see the truck as it is now to judge clearances?
Thanks
Mario

pushlan

Michelin is very good quality, strong and durable, I think is tire number one.
TOYO I will want to change..

I will soon start thread about my camper.

Alex

jostein

Adventurer
The FD 600 was in 235/75. This fd' s came on the truck in combination with more worn tyres of another brand.
When I had to change I wanted something larger without having to change rims.

There are some pictures of the truck with the new tyres in the thread, not sure how well the show clearences. Can see if I find something. No issues with clearence so far, but I have only been driving with no or light loads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz