Mitsubishi Fuso FG 4x4 Service and Repair Manual

safariman

Observer
Just got my new 2001 4x4 Mitsubishi FG a couple of weeks ago .
Im busy doing a full camper build-out- Will post on a separate thread a basic build Blog with Pictures shortly . forgot how much work is involved. a house remodel would be easier !!:Wow1:

Anyways im looking for a PDF of the service and repair manual.

Want to do a full service for engine, drive train

Truck has 181k on . Have no records of service

also the drum brakes are really poor. haven't checked them out but any recommendation on better stopping power would be great. Budget friendly , Not about to go installing disks or anything.

Info im looing for :
  • Good lubricants to Use
  • Better brakes
  • service manuel PDF
  • what type of computer code reader
  • Any other recommendation for upgrades for better proformance- Links
  • Any company in the US who can supply the super single style rims- Budget friendly
  • where to buy Side Mirrors ?
    if anyone has a Car fax can they run a Vin for me JW6AGC1H81L007445

IMG_7683.JPGIMG_7669.JPG

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
also the drum brakes are really poor. haven't checked them out but any recommendation on better stopping power would be great. Budget friendly , Not about to go installing disks or anything.

Good luck with that. I just make sure that there is more distance between me and the vehicle in front. Some things are just how they are and there is little you can do, other than accept it.

The manual and mirrors should be readily available on eBay.

Last edited:

gait

Explorer
my project to try and read the proprietary OBD on 2005 hasn't progressed (other things to do). There's two connectors that turn the engine warning lights into blink codes. The codes are in the manual. On right hand drive the connectors are near the washer bottle on left hand side. When I looked closely the only extra data available was the boost pressure and if I was really interested I could add a boost gauge. The error codes are relatively easy to read and clear with the blinks.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Just got my new 2001 4x4 Mitsubishi FG a couple of weeks ago .
Im busy doing a full camper build-out- Will post on a separate thread a basic build Blog with Pictures shortly . forgot how much work is involved. a house remodel would be easier !!:Wow1:

Anyways im looking for a PDF of the service and repair manual.

Want to do a full service for engine, drive train

Truck has 181k on . Have no records of service

Info im looing for :
  • Good lubricants to Use
  • Better brakes
  • service manuel PDF
  • what type of computer code reader
  • Any other recommendation for upgrades for better proformance- Links
  • Any company in the US who can supply the super single style rims- Budget friendly
  • where to buy Side Mirrors ?
    if anyone has a Car fax can they run a Vin for me JW6AGC1H81L007445
lube - I just use standard lubricants, in my experience the Fuso is not really picky (except for the limited slip additive) - changing at recommended intervals is more important
brakes - Make sure that the exhaust brake is working and get used to downshifting. The drum brakes are pretty much ornamental. Bleed all new fluid through and make sure everything is working, not much else to do there.
manual - available on ebay for cheap. Paper manuals are $700+
code reader - any cheap generic OBD2 reader or dongle should be able to read/clear the standard codes but not do anything else. The only thing that really works is the genuine FUSO reader (or possibly a clone of it), but that is a 4 figure purchase.
performance - nothing budget. chips, bigger turbos, bigger exhaust, etc but all that stuff is thousands not hundreds of dollars.
rims - ATW, EC, recentered HMMWV rims, etc. Plan on $500/rim and $500/tire, possibly less if having DOT-legal rims is not a priority for you. I have the ATW rims because I need the weight capacity. EC makes a nice product if your planned weight is not too much for them.

blackduck

Explorer
Good luck with that. I just make sure that there is more distance between me and the vehicle in front. Some things are just how they are and there is little you can do, other than accept it.

The manual and mirrors should be readily available on eBay.

easier said owen
i make sure there is sufficient room between me and the vehicle in front
maintain a safe braking distance
i do it in my FG and i do it in a 100 + ton road train
then right at that point some knucklehead car driver jumps into the gap thinking he can get an advantage
means jumping on the drums in my FG
and deciding if the turkey deserves to live in the roadtrain

of course you always stop on their rear bumper
intimidation is a wonderful weapon

dont try this at home kids Im a trained prfessional

skippythedog

Observer
No super singles are "budget friendly."
Nobody builds or sells a good single wheel setup in the U.S. The alloy wheels from the Left Coast, via Hong Kong are problematic. Their purveyors are not honest.
Tony Baker up in Calgary can get you some nice steel 17's (his front springs with Zerk fittings will level your truck and give you more travel. Get some Sachs shocks from him too (this will solve all your "bump stop" problems that you're sure to read about on this site)
... Stockton Wheel was working on trying to find a builder for their wheel center plates as of last Fall. They may be the closest to having a U.S. wheel. Their reputation has been iffy as of late. I don't think I'd trust their experimental wheels when contrasted to some steel ones from Australia. ) Try to avoid proposals for custom built wheels that use spacers. There are some builders in the U.S. for some beadlock rims. They will tell you that you need to build your own spacers or one might refer you to a machine shop in Sparks, NV... Look for a reversible set of wheels (like the proven Australian ones.) Many corporate tire outfits have a policy of not working on wheels that come off of trucks with spacers. You might be stuck doing your own tire service all the time with big bars and levers and hammers and cans of hair spray and fire.
It's tough to find places that can balance your wheels (stock or super single). Big truck shops are no good at it. Light truck tire shops don't have adapters to fit your wheels and I haven't found one yet that had a 41 mm socket. None of them will know if your wheels are hub-centric or lug-centric. Don't ask; Just use ceramic beads (8-10ozs per tire) to balance even your stock tires.

Like it or not, truck shops and the FUSO dealers are not geared toward keeping owner/operators like us happy in our trucks. They are geared toward doing the work well enough for the truck to go down the road, driven by a minimum wage laborer who simply doesn't give a rats ass. Learn, learn, learn from my grief.

Try the Grote Company or Truck-Lite online for mirrors. (If you get bigger tires, you'll need to reconfigure your mirrors, or at least add some.) I run 2 little 4" convex mirrors right next to the cab on the top mirror mount. These let me fold in my mirrors and still see behind me and/or let me see the top corner of the rear of the truck for trees in store parking lots, drive through fast food places etc....I also run an 8" convex mirror above the lower arm of the stock mirror bracket on the right side....all Grote. Their cheap, circular clamp mounting hardware won't work well on your stock brackets....look for the aluminum 2 piece clamps (Amazon) for the specifically sized clamps meant for mounting off road lights to tubing...

Any FUSO dealer will happily run your VIN for you. Darren at the Portland, OR dealer is freaking awesome...His work is near a Starbucks; send him a gift card. Oil the machinery...well worth it. You'll use him again.

The aftermarket for friction materials is slim to none. Check with your local friction shop to see what they can do to re-line your stock shoes. There have been improvements in compounds in the last few years. Meanwhile, try to find a core set of used, serviceable shoes to re-line so you won't have to wait a week+ for them with your truck on blocks...and also have a spare set for the future. Learn how to adjust your brakes properly.

Have fun.

Last edited:

VardØlander

Bought this one for $15
https://craigsmanuals.net/product/2...e-fg-factory-repair-service-manual-00elt0001/
48412644_314748076038042_2032455412971732992_n.png

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Just wondering how the manual was? I am always nervous of using my credit card with sites I do not know.
Thanks

You should be able to go to the website of your credit card issuer and generate a one-time credit card number to use if you have concerns. I've certainly done that in the past...

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
You should be able to go to the website of your credit card issuer and generate a one-time credit card number to use if you have concerns.
That's a very interesting concept, but not one I have seen being offered by banks in Australia.

VardØlander

The manual is 5,261 pages and is an excellent purchase for $15. I'd like to know every bolt and part of this thing. Has all repair codes listed and countless other detailed items that are not in the basic owners manual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles