So this happened to me in Montana...

yabanja

Explorer
Scary!!! Ill bet it was the sight of your awesome truck that distracted the from what they should have been doing...(Driving.)

kerry

Expedition Leader
That's not so far fetched. We were camped in a campground with our Fuso once and a guy staring at the truck drove right off the road.

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
I've seen that many times, but that is the first pic I have ever seen of a RV that tipped/rolled and didn't end up as a pile of debris. I rolled a truck and trailer several years ago, a dip in a curve and that was all it took, I hammered the trailer brake but things can happen pretty fast sometimes.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I've seen that many times, but that is the first pic I have ever seen of a RV that tipped/rolled and didn't end up as a pile of debris. I rolled a truck and trailer several years ago, a dip in a curve and that was all it took, I hammered the trailer brake but things can happen pretty fast sometimes.

I attribute the condition post accident to the construction technique. The fiberglass shells hold up far better.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
As stated accelerating is one way to stop fish tailing, the other is to apply the brakes to the trailer manually using the brake controller (electric brakes only), has the same effect straightening out the trailer.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Yep, either way, you are reducing the speed of the trailer in relation to the to vehicle.

Everything is all fine, until the trailer starts to go faster that the tow rig.

We see it a lot up here in the winter on the ice/snow.

By instinct, people stomp on the brake when they feel a sway.

Instead, you need to out-run that trailer to fix it.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
What ! How was truck pulling a big a** trailer able to pass a Fuso ? :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz