Truck came wired for a camper, But I have no idea what is what?

dtimms

Observer
I bought a new (to me) truck and it came with the truck tie downs and wired to charge the camper off the alternator. I bought the truck off an guy in his 80's and he didn't do the wiring, had a shop do it when he got the truck new in 05. He said it was wired for his camper. I am looking at the plug and trying to figure out how to wire my camper to match what was done before? It appears to me that this truck is wired so that you can have a camper that has break lights and blinkers. My camper doesn't have those but it would be nice to have a back up light. Anyway, I took a picture of the plug and wires and am looking for some advice to figure out how to mate this to my camper? The plug is a 7 way pin- type female I believe. I have found the male adapter on Amazon to go on my camper but really don't know where to go next? Here are some pics
20160626_143745.jpg
20160626_143731.jpg

anickode

Adventurer
Trailer-Plug-7R.jpg

This looks like it might be right.

Grab a multimeter or test light and find out. :)

meental

Observer
Grab a multimeter and test each pin. Have a buddy push the brakes work one by one til you find out what all the wires do.

White and black looks to be thicker than the rest, so those may be power for accesories/battery charging circuit.

Sent from my RTT while stargazing

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
I should point out that the colors on the supplied diagram do NOT correspond to the color of wire, so you need to pay attention to the position of each wire instead of the color. Definitely confirm what each pin does with a multimeter or circuit tester before you wire your camper to match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior