F150-2010Family Style

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
Well it has been awhile since I have posted anything here. But I thought I needed to start a new build thread while I have the time.

With the recent addition of our 3rd child, I had to face the sad truth. The family has out grown my beloved 2000 Tundra that I have owned for the past 11 years. So, I sold the Tundra and picked up a 2010 F150 5.4LV8Super cab with 63,000 miles. My first impression is that this truck has a ton of space!

Attachments

• 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    204.7 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 47

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
New Coilovers & Rear Shocks

I really enjoyed the way the Tundra handled on the dirt, so I decided to do go with a similar suspension set up for the F150. Icon 2.5 in the front & Bilsteins in the rear. Luckily my father-in-law has a lift in his shop that I was able to use.
The Rear is siting a little low for my taste, so I order a 3” block w/ new U bolts for the rear. Should give 1” of lift in the back.
Wheels and tires are on hold for now. I have a upcoming trip and I need to save money right now. Plus it will give me some time to figure out what size wheel and tire combo I want to go with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
POR 15

This truck came from Ontario Canada and has a fair amount under carriage rust. So, I picked up some POR 15 Rust Preventive Coating. I tested it out on the skid plates, seem to work pretty good with a lot of prep. Next weekend I hope to get it on the lift so I can install the rear blocks and prep and paint the under carriage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 34

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
Slowly Moving Forward

Not much progress to report, I have been scouring CL looking for all sorts of goodies for the F150. So far I have picked up a G2 BakFlip bed cover & a set of 1gen Raptor wheels. I also added some bed tie downs and tinted the windows. The rear 1” lift is still sitting in my garage, I figure I install it once I get new tires.

To do's
Install bike mounts on the Back Flip IMG_5078.JPGIMG_5080.JPG
Mount HiLift Jack & Shovel in truck bed
Install new rear blocks
New 315/70/17 tires (Probably BFG ALT )

Last edited:

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
New Rubber

Finally pulled the trigger on some new 35/12.5 R17 BFG KO2! I think they look really good on the 1st gen raptor wheels, and no major rubbing issues. I also added the 3” rear block for a small rear lift (1").
We decided to pack up the family for a weekend trip up north. We managed to comfortably fit (2) adults (2) toddlers (1) baby and (2) dogs into the Super Cab. It sure is nice having the extra cab space. I have also come to appreciate the tailgate step, it works well with the BakFlip. Next on the list is the bike mounts.

Attachments

• File Sep 06, 4 01 06 AM.jpg
    File Sep 06, 4 01 06 AM.jpg
    569.4 KB · Views: 57
  • File Sep 06, 4 03 05 AM.jpg
    File Sep 06, 4 03 05 AM.jpg
    614.6 KB · Views: 44
  • File Sep 06, 4 02 24 AM.jpg
    File Sep 06, 4 02 24 AM.jpg
    545.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

jpat30

Adventurer
Very nice looking truck you have there. Those raptor take offs are sweet and good choice on the KO2s; I run a set as wheel and think that they are awesome.

Ironhide Fx4

Observer
Looking good! I especially like the pic of all in the back seat. We have two dogs and about to have a kid. Its good to know they will all fit in the screw.

I have the Ko2 as well but on my stock 20s. Went with 285/65r20, about the same height as yours. Have you figured out a solution for a full size spare? I am thinking of just buying another tire and getting a junkyard 20 to try and fit it on the stock area under the bed.

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
Looking good! I especially like the pic of all in the back seat. We have two dogs and about to have a kid. Its good to know they will all fit in the screw.

I have the Ko2 as well but on my stock 20s. Went with 285/65r20, about the same height as yours. Have you figured out a solution for a full size spare? I am thinking of just buying another tire and getting a junkyard 20 to try and fit it on the stock area under the bed.

Thanks .......I still need to track down a spare rim and tire. It would be nice to get another Raptor rim, but that might be hard to do. I talked to a guy on CL last night and he wanted $175 for one rim (no tire). I passed, considering that only paid $250 for the 4 I have now. If I can't find somthing on CL I'll probably call some of the local mom and pop shops and see if they have a used set-up that will work.

My biggest worry is fitting the 35” tire under the truck bed. Hopefully all that I need to do is rework the heat shield.

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warriors

Not much progress to report on the truck. I did get a chance to take the boys camping around the Coconino Rim (AZ) and meet up with my brother-in-law and his two girls. It took about 3hr to get there plus a 2 hr detour to Beaver Creek to get a little wet. Once we hit the dirt I gave the boys’ free reign of the cab and they had a blast. I told the boys they could name the truck and after a lot of debate between themselves they came up with “Bone Crusher”. I have to say, I do approve…..
It was nice to finally hit some long dirt roads and test out the ICON front coils. We primary just cruised around nothing technical just a lot of fire roads and some two track roads. The ICONs soaked it up, making for a smooth and well controlled ride. I did find out that the BakFlip may be water proof but it’s definitely not dust proof. I also noticed the BFGs doing a little rubbing, but I’m pretty sure it can be remedied with some trimming. It was a good trip and “Bone Crusher” did great.

Attachments

• File Sep 12, 6 22 06 AM.jpg
    File Sep 12, 6 22 06 AM.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 34
  • File Sep 12, 6 16 29 AM.jpg
    File Sep 12, 6 16 29 AM.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 36
  • File Sep 12, 6 27 09 AM.jpg
    File Sep 12, 6 27 09 AM.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 33
  • File Sep 12, 6 17 12 AM.jpg
    File Sep 12, 6 17 12 AM.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 36
  • File Sep 12, 7 51 28 AM.jpg
    File Sep 12, 7 51 28 AM.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 42
  • File Sep 12, 7 58 15 AM.jpg
    File Sep 12, 7 58 15 AM.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 36

p nut

butter
I've got a Bakflip as well. The dust is (I believe) coming from the crack between the bed and tailgate. The Bakflip keeps the water, dust, etc. out pretty well in my experience.

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
I've got a Bakflip as well. The dust is (I believe) coming from the crack between the bed and tailgate. The Bakflip keeps the water, dust, etc. out pretty well in my experience.

I looked a little closer and I think you're right. I just added some weatherstripping to close up the gap. Hopefully that solves the problem. Thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94