2008 LR3 P0441

eloist

Adventurer
Wife took the truck to get the emissions test done by the state.
Shortly thereafter, she got a CEL. I scanned it when i got home, P0441.

Any chance the emissions test might have triggered a false evap purge valve issue?

It just seems way too coincidental that this would randomly pop up right after the emissions was tested.
I've cleared the code and we'll see if/when it comes back.

These suckers are $350! I replaced one on my VW a year ago for $40 lol.
Definitely don't want to shell out for this part.

Thanks in advance...

perkj

Explorer
did you check the gas cap to ensure they put it on correctly and all the way (> 3 clicks) after the gas cap pressure test?

Ray_G

Explorer
Def check the gas cap. Mine comes and goes depending on the mood of the truck. I highly doubt its the purge evap valve.

eloist

Adventurer
Def check the gas cap. Mine comes and goes depending on the mood of the truck. I highly doubt its the purge evap valve.

Yeah the first thing I checked was the gas cap, looks fine to me...?
Gasket appeared fine.

I doubt it's the purge valve too, but we shall see.

I've done 3 drive cycles, about 20 miles and 40 mins or so in the truck since I cleared the code and it has not come back.
Not sure what the readiness cycle for these engines are, but if I make it 100 miles with no CEL I'm going to stop worrying about it.

ryandavenport

Adventurer
Yeah the first thing I checked was the gas cap, looks fine to me...?
Gasket appeared fine.

I doubt it's the purge valve too, but we shall see.

I've done 3 drive cycles, about 20 miles and 40 mins or so in the truck since I cleared the code and it has not come back.
Not sure what the readiness cycle for these engines are, but if I make it 100 miles with no CEL I'm going to stop worrying about it.

Most CELs set after 3 counts so you should be good to go now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles