Roof Rack question

hummermaniac88

Observer
Hi guys, looking for some real world advice here.

Looking at putting a modular roof rack on my W463.

Front runner is my main option but kind of pricey.

I'm wondering if anyone have experience putting an pioneer platform from rhino rack on their roof?

I'm wondering if the HD ~6" gutter mount legs (RB150) would fit straight to the platform. Would I need cross bars and then get a kit to mount the tray to the cross bars then to my gutter mounts?

Thanks

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
spoke several times to Rhino Rack about a Gwagon solution. They will NOT guarantee the product on a Gwagon under any circumstance. There have been people who have put one together with varying degrees of success. I had FrontRunner on my Landcruiser 200 series, but went with Eezi Awn K9 for my G. It's a great rack, though I wish I had gotten the 2.0M vs. the 2.2M version.

hummermaniac88

Observer
spoke several times to Rhino Rack about a Gwagon solution. They will NOT guarantee the product on a Gwagon under any circumstance. There have been people who have put one together with varying degrees of success. I had FrontRunner on my Landcruiser 200 series, but went with Eezi Awn K9 for my G. It's a great rack, though I wish I had gotten the 2.0M vs. the 2.2M version.

Why would the shorter version be suited for your needs?

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
The RL150S13 legs give just enough roof clearance for cross bars, but not enough to clamp anything around the cross bars. Been there and done that.

There's a fellow on P3 (Username = Thairish) who has successfully mounted one of the RR platforms on his G. Head over there and give him a hail.

goinsurfin

Observer
I'd like to add a Fronter runner rack but the truck wont fit inside my garage. So instead, I added the Yakima 1A raingutter towers and I have approx 1/2" from bottom of bar to roof. Also consider the rider pad that addes an additional 2" I think. Need to confirm exact additional height.
This works well for what I'll use it for. However, I'm going to add a 3rd bar/towers so i fit my boxes with required 38" spread. the other bar/towers will are spread out further to accommodate the awning... Overall, Its a clean fit if that helps. See my photos in the registry. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne