RTT Awning interference

Bretthn

Explorer
I have had my rtt for about 3 years now and use it a lot. Last year I got an awning as well and have it set up where my tent opens over the drivers sided and the awning opens over the passenger side of the vehicle.

All of my camping since getting the awning has been done in cool weather so I only open two windows at most and leave the window facing the awing closed.

This past trip was the first time I wanted all the windows open and realized that my awning interferes with the spring bars that are used to hold the window facing the passenger side of the tent open. I cannot move my awning down any or it will interfere with the opening and closing of my passenger doors. I am on a factory roof rack so my tent is sitting pretty close to the roof of the vehicle which I like but the only solution i see is to raise the height of the tent.

I was able to move my awning further out away from the vehicle, which again was not ideal but it allowed me to just barely get the springbars into place using all my strength.

Does anyone else run into this issue and have you found a solution that didnt require you to raise the height of the tent or move the awning away from the roofline?

Brett

justrom

Adventurer
My spring bars were "custom bent" during install to fit over the awning and still provide tension on the rain fly sheet...

Bretthn

Explorer
My spring bars were "custom bent" during install to fit over the awning and still provide tension on the rain fly sheet...

I was thinking about doing this. Can you share a picture of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz