Defender 90 Build Thread

sheep_dog

Observer
So... some goodies came in the mail yesterday! Many projects in the works which I will be posting soon. ;)

A new switch blank cover did come, and was a quick install. So I'll share that. I feel much better about the Defender now that I don't have a hole in my dash.

El Solis

Adventurer
Who me?? I can help you tune the 200 when you are done installing it. If you are thinking AC, the time of the engine swap is when you should do it. Also, make sure to put down some heat shielding while the engine is out. Much harder to do afterwards and definitely needed. We can make a list of must do, want to do, would like to do and see where that goes.

sheep_dog

Observer
I would appreciate the help tuning the engine. Hopefully I can take take a look at yours before I even start pulling the 2.5 out of my truck. I would like to see where everything mounts and make a list of parts I am going to need to acquire to complete the swap.

D90Rovin

Observer
I'm sure you already got the email of the Brexit 15% coupon from RN. Every bit helps right?
Great looking 90

sheep_dog

Observer
Kiriesh I'm glad I'm able to give you hope. That's why I jumped on this defender when I saw it for sale and that it was registered in CA. Anyways today I was able to solve all of my electrical issues I've had with the truck. Needless to say everything electric works perfectly now! I converted the glass fuse panel to a blade fuse panel. I added a extra panel for future electrical upgrades such as light, and a fridge. It was a pain crimping the new connectors but well worth the finished product. I still need to get the correct amp fuses. I went with the closest to the fuse cover. There are also many more projects on the horizon, all the parts are at home, just not the time!

Last edited:

sheep_dog

Observer
El Solis Ill let you know for sure. Ill shoot you a text on Friday. I appreciate you letting me take a look at your Defender. I appreciate all the comments on the truck, its motivating to read when I'm working all the extra ot!

sheep_dog

Observer
Like I said many things are on the horizon for my Defender. So far since the last post I put 5 new Toyo Mud Terrains on the truck, and a shovel! As nerdy as it sounds, the shovel mounted on the fender was one of the first things that sparked my love for defenders. To me the shovel mounted on the fender is what sets the Defender aside as a vehicle made for adventure. (Not to discredit all the other great overland vehicles) This is my 3rd set of Toyo MT and every set has treated me very very, and performed above my expectations. I do have two other completed projects done, but your just going to have to wait... I need time to take pictures

The new tires

My shovel, it still puts a smile on my face just looking at the picture :wings:

El Solis

Adventurer
Love it! Have the same shovel and although the blue matched the CT decals, I painted it black because, well just because

sheep_dog

Observer
I finally have time to post up a picture of the rear table I built. Its made out of about 1/4 aluminum. I wanted a table that was big enough to put my larger camp stove on. I have yet to use it camping, but I'm sure it will meet all my expectations.

zelatore

Explorer
So are you going to bring that thing out to the Blackhawk Cars and Coffee with us on Sunday?
How about the MORG on Saturday?

sheep_dog

Observer
Oh man I might just have to! I have to see how my weekend schedule pans out for Sunday. I have never heard of the MORG on Saturday?

sheep_dog

Observer
so my speedo stopped working... I pulled the dash apart and drove around watching the speedo cable. I did not see the cable rotate at all, nor did DiscoDavis. Do you guys think it would be safe to say the my speedo cable has broken?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles