Better than OEM tie rod ends and suspension bushings?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
After 10 years I've decided it is time to replace some of the wear parts on the suspension and steering.

Anybody have any recommendations/sources on any superior-to-OEM options? My tie rod ends are sealed - ideally I would like something with grease fittings.

Thanks!

boostin

Adventurer
Hmm I wish I could help, maybe moog tie rods? They are usually greasable. I know sometimes this Japanese non greasble stuff outlasts the greaseable american parts.

Being a fuso though seems like no one makes anything for them 😕

Maybe look on rock auto

pugslyyy

I can barely find any tie rod ends for sale anywhere - maybe that's a good sign. Mine don't appear to have any functional problems (other than cracks in the rubber boots), but are just getting swept up a general renewal of suspension wear parts.

eMULe

re:

What about OEM parts from earlier year Fuso? My 1993 FG439 has grease fittings on the tie rod ends. With 'overkill' maintenance & good grease I suspect they are as good as new. Not 'fancy' aftermarket but good enough? I think ATW in Australia does have 'aftermarket' replacement bushings to replace the rubber in the front springs.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Urethane or Nolathane bushes are available but still don't last very long. I replace after every good trip as they all split from the twisting of the front axle. The original rubber ones just squeeze out. I buy bulk lots to try and get the price down but not by much, they seem to be gold compared to Landcruiser bushes.

Dan.

pugslyyy

Urethane or Nolathane bushes are available but still don't last very long. I replace after every good trip as they all split from the twisting of the front axle. The original rubber ones just squeeze out. I buy bulk lots to try and get the price down but not by much, they seem to be gold compared to Landcruiser bushes.

Dan.

You wouldn't happen to have any specs, etc, on the urethane ones would you?

Thanks!

Goldanfish

Observer
Dan ,
Yes brettstruck are good to deal with , I get Isuzu stuff sent down to Victoria from them. Easy to deal with.
John.

gait

Explorer
Colour of polyurethane bushes can be whatever one wants it to be. The important variable is hardness. And like anything, too hard and its too brittle. I don't know the appropriate hardness for suspension bushes. It isn't difficult to measure with the right test gear.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Colour of polyurethane bushes can be whatever one wants it to be. The important variable is hardness. And like anything, too hard and its too brittle. I don't know the appropriate hardness for suspension bushes. It isn't difficult to measure with the right test gear.

I know colour makes no difference it just happens this new lot is green and what you say about hardness and being brittle is right.

Dan.

Last edited:

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Most Super Pro bushes (blue) are 70 or 80 shore(duro) sum are 90.
Most Nolathane bushes (red) are 75 or 85 shore (duro) sum are 95.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz