Best place to buy 2" Gen2 body lift?

Is 4crawler the only place to purchase body lifts from? I found some on ebay, but they're shipping from the UK. Has anyone purchased from 4crawler recently, what's the turn around time like?
Thanks.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
It's the only place I've bought Montero body lifts. They're good quality and the money stays in the U.S., at least. It's been a few years since I've bought from Roger, but the turn around time was never excessive, usually less than a week, as I recall.

John B.

Thanks for the response John, maybe I'll send them an email to check, there's a note on the montero page saying the order backlog could be a 5 weeks. Did you get the 2" lift? I notice they have 1" and 3" as well, but the mid range lift is listed as 1.5/2", do you know which it is? Thanks again.

Bottomfeeder

Observer
It's the only place I've bought Montero body lifts. They're good quality and the money stays in the U.S., at least. It's been a few years since I've bought from Roger, but the turn around time was never excessive, usually less than a week, as I recall.

John B.

Less than a week when I got mine last year.

mcvet0422

Hey guys,

I just joined up because I decided to purchase a 98 Montero. I am looking for lift kits but have not been able to find any.

Probably run on 32s or 33s depending on lift available. Last 4x4 I had was a Toyota 80 FJ40 so these are new to me. Any suggestions or info is appreciated

plh

Explorer
Hey guys,

I just joined up because I decided to purchase a 98 Montero. I am looking for lift kits but have not been able to find any.

Probably run on 32s or 33s depending on lift available. Last 4x4 I had was a Toyota 80 FJ40 so these are new to me. Any suggestions or info is appreciated

You won't need a lift for 32s or 33s on a '98 (or any year for that matter)

Bulmynjo

I did a 2 inch body lift using Zone Offroad blocks off ebay, Paid 60 for the blocks. Then i went to Home Depot, got 3/8 grade 8 bolts, 6 inches long, 12 of them. Total came up to around 85.

cr4x4cruiser

Observer
Do it yourself, with the correct material...

http://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/...vid=4287921828+4288233984&searchterm=UHMW+Rod

... less than $30.00 for a 2.5" Round x 36" Long UHMW Plastic Rod [to my door].

Do not purchase the 24" section, as you will not end up with 2" Tall Body Lift Blocks; this lift procedure requires 12 each for LWB Monteros [yes, saws do consume material in the process].

It is best to have access to a bandsaw & drill press; much cleaner & precise.

The actual body bolts found on Gen 2 & Gen 2.5 Monteros are: M10 - 1.25 x 90mm 8.8 Flange Head.

M10 = 10mm Bolt Diameter [equals SAE 7/16" Diameter].

1.25 = Pitch [thread count], from one thread to the next... it is a fine [not course] thread.

90mm = Bolt Length [equals 3.54"], as measured from underneath the head to the end of the shaft].

8.8 = Tensile / Yield Strength [metric]... commonly considered to be equal to an SAE Grade 5 Bolt.

If staying metric, one should only consider a bolt with a 10.9 Tensile/ Yield Strength [M10 - 1.25 x 140mm [equals 5.51"]].

Least expensive I found/ purchased was a lot of 12 @ $81.00 gross [$6.75 each].
Not cheap by any means, but I just wanted to keep it all metric AND keep the Flange Head design [not liking the idea of separate bolts/ washers].

If converting to SAE bolts, one should only consider Grade 8.

Lastly, I did/ would not consider using Stainless Steel 316 Bolts/ Nuts, even though this vehicle will be in an extreme saltwater [oceanfront] / extreme humidity [80% - 100% daily, not uncommon] environment.
There is no SS Bolt that will ever have the Tensile/ Yield Strength of a Grade 8 or 10.9 Metric Bolt - in a similar dimension [for simplicity, assume that a SS Bolt will have about 50% of the strength of a Grade 8 Bolt].
Lifting the body demands stronger bolts [more tensile/ shear demands].
Coating the bolts & nuts with 'Por-15' will more than suffice for preventing rusting issues.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz