Vario conversion

bonzo2002

I have a MWB Vario which I want to convert for a trip across the US but unfortunately work has taken over and time is getting short. Having had no luck finding a company that will create what I want, is there anyone out there (with a proven track record) in the UK that would want to take on the conversion?

bonzo2002

Hi Anton I've PM'd you.

I'm looking at a lite version of the John Speed van (same layout) if possible so similar layout to yours but opposite with seating on the same side as the JS van. I want to do away with the shower cubicle between the dinette seating and bulkhead and just have a tray with curtain and portable loo, kitchen along the other side to halfway across the sliding door with removable double bed base at the back. 300w of Solar, 240v hookup, 24v-12v charger, calorifier, wallas diesel hob/heating, fridge/freezer, enlarged fuel tank. I think thats the basics..

Sounds like an interesting challenge! Do you have a plan of what you want, or a spec?

bonzo2002

Below are the plans from JS book. Mine would be minus the bathroom on the drivers side and the wardrobe on the passenger side. See also the mockup of the van from the drivers side (excuse the crap photoshop attempt).IMG_0831.jpgIMG_0830.jpgIMG.jpg

Last edited:

bonzo2002

Thanks for the link, they are quite a way from me but I'll check them out. I was really hoping to find someone on here that might be interested that has already converted something similar?

DzlToy

Explorer
Ship to the states, have it converted by a reputable vendor, take your trip and ship it back to the UK.

It has to come here one way or another, but building it to your spec from a quarter of the way 'round the world may be a bit tough.

olafboswijk

Observer
it's in the Netherlands, so maybe not ideal but camperpoint.nl has done several nice Vario's, including mine and his own. he specializes in MB truck conversion. usually very busy though....

jostein

Adventurer
Bigtom: One of the Nicest Varios around you have there. Like the color combined With the black details. May I ask what manufacturer and model the snorkel is? Not that I will really need I snorkel on mine, but it looks cool:)

BigTom

Vario

Jostein, not sure what make the snorkle is, possibly Safari as I'm sure Erik imported a few of them fom Oz, but will check and revert.

Vegard_S

Adventurer
I looks like the lower part of the snorkel might be from a Unimog, at least it is very similar. The upper part though, is unknown to me.

BigTom

Snorkel

It's not a Safari product. I've had a look and it's an but an Airflow snorkel, at least the Air Ram or top part is. The bottom does look Unimogesque!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke