Pickup cab on an 80 series chassis?

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Slee also cut an 80 into a Ute, which seems far more approachable than trying to recreate the truck they built in the fourwheeler.com article:

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/technical/vlakvark/vlakvark_main.htm

Sure, it just depends on what you want.

I wanted a smaller cab with an almost 1940s truck cab feel and a modular hard top system, but Toyota. I ended up having to mostly build my own FJ45-esk cab. I started with a FJ40 tub and cut it in half. Then I pie cut it and pinched the doors so they where parallel to each other instead of tapered. This reduced the overall width of the body down to just under 56" wide. Now I am building out the rest of the tub in all new metal. The top is going to bolt onto a hidden cagework system that will define the lines of the chassis. This will allow me to have the majority of the body panels above the belt line, and the doors, be easily removable for different configurations or when panels are damaged.

The short version, sometimes if you want something, you build it.

NCFJ

Adventurer
I say go ahead and build what you want to build. I love Mini trucks and 1st Gen 4RNRs I just have to fold myself in half to get in. There will be obstacles, how you overcome them will make the truck yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94