Front Spring Bush Advice Please

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Green has just gotta be better.

Dan.

Well it is true Green is better. We replaced the shackle bushes (with green ones) on Candy's Canter before our last trip and they have come through with flying colours. Haven't had to replace any but on mine I had a mix of types and needed to replace one on the trip.

Dan.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Replacing the front spring bushings is on my to-do list. Glanced at them today and noticed that while the driver's front looks straightforward, the passenger side front bolt looks like it will hit the AC condenser before it comes out. Are people removing the AC condenser in order to get that front shackle bolt out?

kerry

Expedition Leader
Was it a tight fit? I just eyed mine up but it sure didn't seem as if the distance between the shackle and the condenser was as long as the bolt.

kerry

Expedition Leader
There is but i don't think the other side is symmetrical. I think the outside has a much larger hole for the flat-plate-ended bolt and an ear to hold the bolt from spinning.

kerry

Expedition Leader
SSA replied saying they will send me a quote with freight from the greasable front spring shackle pins.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
SSA replied saying they will send me a quote with freight from the greasable front spring shackle pins.

I got a quote from them. Their product price was good but the freight was astronomical. I think it just means that they don't have a lot of experience selling to international customers, as I have bought plenty of parts from Australia where the freight was actually quite reasonable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94