Front Spring Bush Advice Please

kerry

Expedition Leader
I just dropped off the truck with the dealer to install the bushings and left the bushings and box in the truck so I can't check it.

kerry

Expedition Leader
I just checked the e-mailed invoice and it says it was shipped by 1a Australian Post International. Shipping was $38.33 Australian dollars.

biggoolies

Adventurer
With the crazy cost of having these greaseable shackles shipped and the bushings for a reasonable price along with shipping, would it not be okay to have a second set of bushings and change them out when worn? The greaseable shackles allow the bushings to last longer. Unless there is some other benefit?

kerry

Expedition Leader
That's what I decided to do. I had my new bushings installed at the dealer although I haven't picked up the truck yet.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
With the crazy cost of having these greaseable shackles shipped and the bushings for a reasonable price along with shipping, would it not be okay to have a second set of bushings and change them out when worn? The greaseable shackles allow the bushings to last longer. Unless there is some other benefit?

Greaseability can also cut down on noise (squeaks). But I agree - it's a marginal upgrade. If I could do it for cheap I would, but I don't see the cost/benefit on these ones (at least in the USA).

I do recommend getting the aftermarket nolathane bushings from Australia though - I bought mine from Brett's Truck

10600.029U BUSH 1/2 URETHANE 22MM X 40MM X 46MM POLY MITSUBISHI FUSO TRUCK PARTS POLY CANTER SHACKLE BUSH NOT WRECKING NOLATHANE BUSH Unlike soft rubber bushings which distort under heavy braking or cornering loads 10600.029

kerry

Expedition Leader
Got my truck back from Mountain Truck and Equipment (Fuso dealer in Longmont, CO) today and they said they did have to remove the AC condenser to install the right front spring bushing. (total cost to install all front spring bushings--$396) Had them check the brakes while it was there. 4 bad wheel cylinders on the front brakes. Cost of Fuso new wheel cylinders--$104 each.

pugslyyy

Got my truck back from Mountain Truck and Equipment (Fuso dealer in Longmont, CO) today and they said they did have to remove the AC condenser to install the right front spring bushing. (total cost to install all front spring bushings--$396) Had them check the brakes while it was there. 4 bad wheel cylinders on the front brakes. Cost of Fuso new wheel cylinders--$104 each.

Interesting, guess that is a difference between model years with the AC condenser - doesn't even come into play on mine.

$396 was parts and labor? Seems a pretty fair price - it took me the better part of a day to do it, but I imagine it would still take someone who knew what they were doing a couple of hours of banging away at stuff.

Hope the new wheel cylinders help - we did a really good bleed on mine a few months back (which was a real PITA) but it has made a noticeable difference.

kerry

Expedition Leader
$396 was labor for the bushings. I bought the same bushings your did from Australia. The dealer said it was wise to use the polyurethane bushings as the Fuso OE rubbers bushings don't last.
Brakes seem slightly spongy so I may need to rebleed them. Pedal comes up some on second pump.

pugslyyy

$396 was labor for the bushings. I bought the same bushings your did from Australia. The dealer said it was wise to use the polyurethane bushings as the Fuso OE rubbers bushings don't last.
Brakes seem slightly spongy so I may need to rebleed them. Pedal comes up some on second pump.

It took me a couple of tries to get everything bled on mine. Don't know about your year, but on the 2007 the ABS system required a separate bleed.

Glad the dealer like the aftermarket bushings- always nice to have confirmation for what we already suspect about the stock bushings.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
If one of you guys Stateside need polyurethane bushings let me know and I'll send you a set free to try if you take pics and give me some feedback. Specify your part number MB025153 or MB025185

Last edited:

Bris31

Adventurer
Hi All
........ Learnt a new trick, when the pin would not go back through the spring, start the engine and turn the wheels, straightened up the spring and the pin went straight through.

Thanks Steve for the tip, this trick worked like a charm. Both front suspension's bushes now replaced (from Brett's). Also replaced pins with greasable ones from SSA. Rear bushes were replaced earlier somewhere on WAA line in Simpson (under Dan's watchful eyes :) ).

Attachments

• Front-Pin.jpg
    Front-Pin.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 13

pugslyyy

Thanks Steve for the tip, this trick worked like a charm. Both front suspension's bushes now replaced (from Brett's). Also replaced pins with greasable ones from SSA. Rear bushes were replaced earlier somewhere on WAA line in Simpson (under Dan's watchful eyes :) ).

Looking good! I've been pleased with the way the green polyurethane ones (Brett's) have been working out for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier