My storage solution build for my K5 Blazer

Cult Hero

Observer
not anywhere near as cool as some of the systems I have seen on this forum, but it serves my needs pretty well. Hindsight being 20/20 I would not have used MDF and if I build again I will swap to a quality plywood, but so far it is holding up great!

RPhil

Adventurer
Great video. Appreciate the listing of each component on your website as well. This is helpful as I am currently in the planning stages of my build.

Cult Hero

Observer
sorry for the huge size

FullSizeRender-54.jpg

FullSizeRender-55.jpg

Cult Hero

Observer
thanks guys, really stoked at how this came out. Granted it was pretty simple, just a couple of square cuts but the practicality of the new system in the truck is awesome.

cyclic

Adventurer
Mom, Merrick is stalking me!!!!

:victory:

Glad you have you here also, it's definitely leaning more toward the an expo build than just a hard core K5.

Any more progress on that trailer? They'll love it here also.

Cult Hero

Observer
yea, I posted it up, but not much love.... lol. Maybe too much mud tires. ha ha

hopefully it will end up being an expo build of a hard core K5

Nice setup! Did you consider stacking the drawers and letting the fridge slide out on to the tailgate? As an owner of a 79 Bronco I know how you feel. First thing most people think is rock crawler or mud rig. Talking to spring and shock manufacturers is the worse they all want to sell you some super flexy wet noddle springs. Then they switch you to kidney busting stiff overload springs. Having to explain I am not some high school kid that wants 10 inch lift blocks bugs the crap out of me. I'm 55 years old I like my classic 4wd vehicles to explore and camp with. Sorry I will get off my soap box.

cyclic

Adventurer
You know, with those kids/family. It won't be too long and you'll be looking at a suburban like mine. The extra two doors and rear storage space is amazing compared to the K5.

IMAG04191_zpsonpdft2d.jpg

I think expo would be more loving of the trailer with more pics of the camp set-up and deployed. Your vids are pretty decent/good for actual info, but the pics/written description are what people want to examine/copy and get ideas from here on expo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior