EarthCruiser Overland Vehicles

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
I took a fairly close look at this truck at the expo. For build number 2, I was very impressed. I think lance is very concerned about turning out a high quality product and that shows. They now have 15 under their belt.

We need to get a long wheelbase version into the states. Who's in first.????

Last edited:

Chris

Adventurer
If I could work it out I would love to trade up.

It's only the $$ thats holding me back!!

Chris

:ylsmoke:

haven

Expedition Leader
EarthCruiser with dual slides

The EarthCruiser web site now has details about a model with slide-out "living room" and kitchen sections! http://www.earthcruiser.com.au/images/EarthCruiser OutBack HARD SIDE 4x4 camper.pdf

The camper has hard sides, so no more pop-up roof. The slide out mechanism must make the camper significantly heavier than the original EarthCruiser. Despite the weight, the new model appears to use a Fuso Canter chassis.

I hope the EarthCruiser staff will comment about their decision to offer this new model.

Bandicoot

Adventurer
A few pics from a recent trip over Easter in EC4. A land slip had taken out a tree and put it over the track, along with the remains of the land slip.
I had the chainsaw out (electric 1800 kW, works great off the EC built-in inverter) over this weekend. Got rid of the petrol (gas) chain saw with all the hassles of 2-stroke fuel etc.
The True-Trac front locking LSD makes a difference climbing these obstacles that include a side-slope as well as steep uphill slope. Otherwise the Canter rear locking LSD can start to push the front axle sideways.
Hope posting these pics work. I get more stressed trying to post pics on forums than climbing hills!
Rick

Attachments

• P4260056.jpg
    P4260056.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 170
  • P4260057.jpg
    P4260057.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 192
  • P4260051.jpg
    P4260051.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 218

Bandicoot

Adventurer
Few more pics
Rick

Attachments

• P4260060.jpg
    P4260060.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 207
  • P4260062.jpg
    P4260062.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 175
  • P4260063.jpg
    P4260063.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 168

Bandicoot

Adventurer
We plotted out a trip that gave us as much "off-bitumen" driving as possible and kept us "as far from the madding crowds" as possible without going too far from home (Sandgate) or becoming a road bash. Left home via the back roads to Barakula state forest, the largest State forest in the southern hemisphere (http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/barakula/index.html). More or less had it to ourselves. Camped on Dogwood ck bush camp. 1st 2 pics below. Must be 1000 km or more of tracks available in the forest for "wheeling" as our Nth Am friends call it.
After 2 days there, we went through to Auburn R nat pk (next pic below) and had a great walk there, then on to Tolderodden Conservation Pk (4th pic), Jack Smith Cons Pk, Boat Mtn Cons Pk and then Brooyar state forest (camped at Glastonbury ck camp, last 2 pics), then back to Brissie via tracks through Wrattens Nat Pk (which is where those pics of the land slip were taken), Yabba & Jimna state forests. Final pub lunch at Kilcoy and then home. Just under 1100 km in the 6 days.

Attachments

• P4240031 [Auburn R NP] [resized].jpg
    P4240031 [Auburn R NP] [resized].jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 78
  • P4220008 [Dogwood ck from Barakula camp #2] [resized].jpg
    P4220008 [Dogwood ck from Barakula camp #2] [resized].jpg
    196 KB · Views: 73
  • P4220007 [Dogwood ck from Barakula camp #1] [resized].jpg
    P4220007 [Dogwood ck from Barakula camp #1] [resized].jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 75
  • P4250036 [Tolderodden cons pk on banks Burnett R] [resized].jpg
    P4250036 [Tolderodden cons pk on banks Burnett R] [resized].jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 82
  • P4260040 [Brooyar State forest camp ground] [resized].jpg
    P4260040 [Brooyar State forest camp ground] [resized].jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 64
  • P4260041 [resized].jpg
    P4260041 [resized].jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 66

Bandicoot

Adventurer
New footage of EarthCruiser 4

For some new footage of EC4 going through some mud and water, see http://youtu.be/tY3bMmnWQU0
Mine is the one with the orange Maxtrax on the roof (don't like winches) with the extra handsome driver (yeah, not likely). EC8 along with a LWB and the 7-seater "ute" (pick-up) are also there.
Didn't need the Maxtraxes.
Rick

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Just noticed the smaller bed (?) at the foot of the larger berth? I recognized that pillow pet from anywhere :) How do you have this arranged?

pillowpet.GIF

Bandicoot

Adventurer
storage over bed

Just noticed the smaller bed (?) at the foot of the larger berth? I recognized that pillow pet from anywhere :) How do you have this arranged?

View attachment 61666

That's not mine. That's EC2 which was one of those that recently went though China etc. It's now in the USA. However, basically that "smaller bed" is storage much like a shelf at the foot of the bed. My understanding is it makes it possible to sleep in the bed without having to remove some of the stuff that might normally "live" on the bed.
Rick

haven

Expedition Leader
Hi Lance,

The PDF file says the LWB model "can be configured to carry 4." Does this mean seatbelts for two seats in the camper, or can be LWB model fit on the Canter crew cab chassis?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke