EarthCruiser Overland Vehicles

Michelle@EarthCruiser

Supporting Sponsor
@Mog, good to know. I had no idea of the involvement of going to singles.

So the website price on the ED wheels doesn't include any of the hardware?
And what is the weight capacity of the EC wheels?

So if I'm switching to single alloys from duals I need to re-stud my rear if I don't want to use the budd nut extensions but my fronts are OK? I guess I'm not following why a lug nut change is in order instead of a stud length change on the rear.

The 16 x8 alloy wheels that we offer are rated for 3960 lbs each.

Michelle@EarthCruiser

Supporting Sponsor
These are some really smart kids (U of O design students) and this is what they had to say about EarthCruiser " I think that most design students think of great design as flashy new tech products, or the like there of. We were all really impressed by how well designed EarthCruisers are! The way you have integrated fail-safes throughout the EarthCruiser platform solves really interesting design problems and promotes the use of design thinking in different ways than creating sleek forms for those flashy tech products."

student tour.jpg

FX photos will be posted soon

Last edited:

familyvan

Adventurer
Hi Michelle, how is the FX coming? pictures? You mention that you are putting seatbelts into the cabin area now. How many seatbelt will be back there?
Thanks

Michelle@EarthCruiser

Supporting Sponsor
Hi Michelle, how is the FX coming? pictures? You mention that you are putting seatbelts into the cabin area now. How many seatbelt will be back there?
Thanks

We'll have some photos shortly. We completed the mock up of the first one so are now in full production mode. We've increased the bed size, made a more 'private' bathroom (still a walk through) and added more storage. We're able to do two seatbelts in the back.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
We'll have some photos shortly. We completed the mock up of the first one so are now in full production mode. We've increased the bed size, made a more 'private' bathroom (still a walk through) and added more storage. We're able to do two seatbelts in the back.

Nice, looking forward to seeing it at Expo (I hope!)

Michelle@EarthCruiser

Supporting Sponsor
EXPO

At this stage we'll have 6 or so ECs at Expo. Hopefully 1 or 2 will be FXs. We'll also have a customer or two from Aus on their world travels. Watch this space for more details.

GR8ADV

Explorer
Nice. I think that will be an excellent product. Warmer, quieter, more avail storage and no canvas fold down issues inside. Really looking fwd to seeing that complete. Thanks for the pic.

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
More than just a pretty face ....
EarthCruiser Iveco off road.jpg

Martin Barratt saves the day with his Earthcruiser EXP440
EarthCruiser saving landcruiser .jpg

Last Thursday night we camped up on a mountain in Sundown NP (Qld) after spending 2 days and exploring the park and seeing nobody at all. Settled in to watch the cricket semi-final when out of the dark appeared an exhausted American tourist who had walked/climbed for 3 hrs after stranding his vehicle in a place call The Hell Hole near Rats Castle. (For those who know the area). I assured him that we would go down and attempt to recover his vehicle ( a brand new dual cab Toyota Landcruiser hire car).
stuck landcruiser.jpg
He was very hesitant as he didn't think my vehicle was capable of getting to the location of his stuck vehicle. He thought we were too big and heavy to get there. I'm sure he thought these trucks are just "show ponies".
After spending over 2 hours the following morning descending loose, extremely steep, rocky tracks and passing through densely timbered pine forest, crossing 4 slippery, rocky creek crossings we reached his stuck hire car.
After a complex winching job we freed his truck. Nervously, we headed back up the steep rocky tracks we had come down on.
I have been serious 4WDing for 28 years in most of the 4WD brand vehicles, but I have never experienced such a sure-footed capable vehicle that eats up everything that is thrown at it. This vehicle slowly clawed its way with the greatest of ease up the steepest loose rocky hills.
I was quietly amazed but the Yank I rescued was absolutely gobsmacked! Six hours later we were back to where we started

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles