EarthCruiser Overland Vehicles

Howard70

Adventurer
Well. Heidi and I were sure we could resist ungrading a third time when we heard about a V8, dual speed transfercase, all wheel disc brakes, 37" tires, etc., etc.

But nobody told us you were doing a Coffee Bar! Now we're in trouble!

Kidding aside, looks great you guys.

garrett93

Observer
Does anyone here have a video of the water pressure of the shower by chance? Trying to get an idea on what that looks like.

garrett93

Observer
Thanks Michelle - I think someone is going to shoot us a video but if you have one handy we'll happily take a peek. We're very close to pulling the trigger on a used unit and checking all the last boxes.

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
EarthCruiser turns 15 years old this year. So much has changed so much has stayed the same.
First image is the first drive off road of EC1 just outside of Brisbane Australia. Second is the of a recently delivered truck Bend Oregon USA.
They have gotten much brighter!
DSC_0180.JPGEXP EarthCruiser Isuzu.jpeg

DzlToy

Explorer
A chassis holds and supports "things", e.g. engines, transmissions, cab mounts, and so on. It is not part of the suspension. It is the back bone of the vehicle, literally and is an un-damped, uncontrollable spring. Talk to anyone who builds or tunes race car/truck suspension and I guarantee you they will each tell you the same thing. Additionally, they will likely also say they prefer the stiffest chassis possible, i.e. carbon monocoque or a tube chassis, so the suspension can do what it does best, suspend the vehicle body, follow the road, maintain traction, put the power down to the ground to avoid tearing up the trail or sending the vehicle flopping over.

The fact that you aren't racing, going fast, rock crawling or building a hyper car is of no matter. The design parameters are conceptually identical. A frame is not suspension; that is what links, bags, dampers, coils and leafs are for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles