EarthCruiser Overland Vehicles

45lpv

Observer
A gallon of DEF per 500 miles wow. I guess it is normal for late model diesels but I just never knew. How big is he tank?

I think the DEF tank is about 2.5 gallons. We purchased two PEAK brand 2.5 gallon containers from a local O'Reilly auto parts in Bend (on sale - 2 for $25). I based the estimated usage on the fact that we started out with a mostly full DEF tank when we left, and finished the trip with all DEF consumed, and a mostly full container on the truck. Total mileage was probably closer to 2800 with the visit to Mount Bachelor and stop in Asheville.

jC

45lpv

Observer
Jim,

Are EC customers seeing 15-17 MPG in mixed driving after a break in period? I get about 15 in my FE driving 65 mph and I am not nearly as heavy as you. I have no DEF (non emissions, early 07 truck) I had a few questions for you after returning from the expo, but they currenly escape me. Hope things are well in NC.

Jon

Hi Jon,

I'm not sure what "real world" returns are, but those were the numbers that Lance and Michelle offered when I asked.

Jim

45lpv

Observer
Are you pulling the MPG numbers off the dash display or are these calculated based on miles traveled and gallons of fuel consumed?

Hit the road and have a good time, you should start a new tread on the truck and all your travels.

Those numbers were calculated from the collection of fuel receipts compared to the odometer readings over the entire trip. I didn't go back and compare odometer to Google Maps, but they seemed to be pretty close if my memory serves me well.

While we're a little hampered by being on the east coast, we hope to begin stretching our EC legs after the first of the year. I burned most of my vacation time with the trip to Bend, so we will be relegated to weekend travel for the remainder of this year. We've already visited Uwharrie National Forest in NC, and also have plans for the barrier islands in the southeast and George Washington National Forest over the fall and winter. I also need to outfit the rig and do some fabrication for carrying recovery gear and a grill.

jC

RichardL

Touch screen control?

Hi Michelle
Do you have any plans to replace the control consol with a touch screen unit like the ones fitted on the Autralian models?
Cheers
Richard

carbon60

Explorer
Michelle
Once the camper build is complete is the vehicle reclassified as an RV and a new title issued?

That was basically what I was wondering about, this morning. Can I bring you a Canadian-spec, titled in my Province, Fuso and then get it reclassified as an RV when I get home?

Michelle@EarthCruiser

Supporting Sponsor
EC FX fits many chassis

Here's some photos of the latest FX going to Europe to be installed on a truck there. The FX was specifically designed to fit a number of different chassis...

ECFX1.JPG

ECFX2.JPG

ECFX3.jpg

DzlToy

Explorer
How do you sell a stand alone box for an application like that? Is there a build sheet just like an FG build, specs for frame mounting points to your truck, etc. I presume it's not "that" difficult, just wondering how you guys handle that since some sytems would be integrated in the example of a NA Fuso FG.

Pricing on a stand alone box? (ball park is fine)

Michelle@EarthCruiser

Supporting Sponsor
How do you sell a stand alone box for an application like that? Is there a build sheet just like an FG build, specs for frame mounting points to your truck, etc. I presume it's not "that" difficult, just wondering how you guys handle that since some sytems would be integrated in the example of a NA Fuso FG.

Pricing on a stand alone box? (ball park is fine)

This is going to our new European distributor. We'll be training them to install the body on the chassis--they're using a Fuso for this one. In Australia we had access to a lot of different chassis and have worked with MAN, UD, Unimogs, Fuso's, Isuzu's etc so we can offer through our dealer/distributors many different options around the world. However, at this stage we don't offer a plug and play box for consumers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior