EarthCruiser Overland Vehicles

dlh62c

Explorer
With the sticker price as much as these babies are, how much do you estimate it costs to insure one?

You'll want to make sure the completed vehicle is classified as an RV when you get your title, plates and source your insurance.

These trucks are considered commercial so you may not be able to source insurance on a bare truck chassis. After an RV recertification you shouldn't have a problem.

If you plan to purchase a new truck from your local dealer, you should be able to have it drop shipped to EC directly from a port of entry. Michelle should know.

Last edited:

Decanter

Adventurer
Your chassis cab probably does not have a replacement value of 220 - 250 thousand dollars..

probably not :confused:

I guess I didn't make my point clear. I'm paying the same for a commercial C and C insurance what finished EC owners are paying when paying as an RV. I didn't realize RV insurance was such a good value.

DzlToy

Explorer
We are saying the same thing mate... Anytime you buy a school bus or firetruck or commercial vehicle for a conversion project, the RV insurance (once converted in most places) will be considerably cheaper than what it previously was.

You are getting a quarter of a million dollars of vehicle insurance for a grand a year. Pretty damn hard to beat, IMO..

Sorry for the confusion.

Keyne

Adventurer
Any info on the pickup truck Earthcruiser that was in the advertisement shown in the recent Overland Journal? Looked like it was on a Toyota and said coming Spring 2016.

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
I'm surprised there wasn't any comments yet. That looks like an awesome product! It's pretty obvious to see that it's the Gazell from France. GZL was a big hint! Very interesting!

I'm looking to purchase a similar product in 2-3 years. That's why I spend my time patiently researching on this forum. But I have to say I was hoping for a flat-bed model from Earthcruiser.

BTW, do you have experience shipping to Canada? Is it an option?

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Just seeing this for the first time, today, and I am very excited to know more. The link Mat provided is blocked here, so will have to try it again later... Thank you, Mat :)

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
Just seeing this for the first time, today, and I am very excited to know more. The link Mat provided is blocked here, so will have to try it again later... Thank you, Mat :)

For some reason, this website is off and on and often takes a lot of time to load up. Not sure why... :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94