Jeep Pickup pics

puravida73

Observer
I own jeeps even if owned by FCA (FIAT!) b/c of AMERICA, but some tacomas are made here?

The second generation Tacomas were assembled in Tijuana, Mexico and Fremont, California while the plastic/composite beds were all built in Mexico. However, in August 2009 Toyota announced that it would relocate Tacoma production from Fremont to San Antonio, Texas.

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
I wouldn't jump straight to that conclusion above^^^. We are just as excited about this as everyone else. FCA making the JL pickup only makes our lives easier. MUCH easier. It will allow us to focus our efforts on developing individual products and complete vehicle upgrade packages for a new Jeep Wrangler variation!

Any idea when AEV plans to support the new models? I'd like to save some time and go AEV turnkey with the next model.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I own jeeps even if owned by FCA (FIAT!) b/c of AMERICA, but some tacomas are made here?

The second generation Tacomas were assembled in Tijuana, Mexico and Fremont, California while the plastic/composite beds were all built in Mexico. However, in August 2009 Toyota announced that it would relocate Tacoma production from Fremont to San Antonio, Texas.

Exactly. Jeep is Made in America. Tacoma is made in Mexico.
Hence why I wrote "to start it would be made in America". :beer:

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
But, Tacomas are made in America: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Motor_Manufacturing_Texas

The Jeep pickup will be a lifestyle play 100%. Just like the Brute. Its not going to haul anything more than some bags of mulch from the store or maybe the trash to the dump. If we are lucky, it will be built so that the bed is easily removable for a full camper or built in such a way to take a nice slide in popup.

I wouldnt expect any payload capacity beyond 1200 ish pounds and probably a towing capacity of 5k or less (could be 3500).

puravida73

Observer
Globalization - not ALL Tacomas are made in Mexico. In the last decade jeep has been owned by germans and italians...

back on point - probably a nervous time for aftermarket companies waiting to see the JL spec

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
But, Tacomas are made in America: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Motor_Manufacturing_Texas

The Jeep pickup will be a lifestyle play 100%. Just like the Brute. Its not going to haul anything more than some bags of mulch from the store or maybe the trash to the dump. If we are lucky, it will be built so that the bed is easily removable for a full camper or built in such a way to take a nice slide in popup.

I wouldnt expect any payload capacity beyond 1200 ish pounds and probably a towing capacity of 5k or less (could be 3500).

What do you mean by lifestyle play? Do you think that the Jeep pickup will be less capable than a Colorado or Tacoma?

BenHedrick

Adventurer
If I may add some photos of a few AEV TJ Brute's I've built over the last few years. And I'll tell you this, I've NEVER driven any vehicle that get's more attention. EVER!

img_7636_med_hr.jpeg

dscn1377_med_hr.jpeg

20130707_102116_med_hr-2.jpeg

img_1828_med_hr.jpeg

20140511_105848_med_hr-2.jpeg

dsc06793_med_hr.jpeg

img_2501_med_hr.jpeg

dsc_0586_med_hr-2.jpeg

Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members