fitment, will 34X10.50R17 KO2's fit stock suspension 2011-2014 f150?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I am looking at replacing our Chevy diesel with a newer f150 EcoBoost crew cab and was wondering if anyone has personal experience with this tire setup on a 100% stock suspension? I would likely find a set of Raptor take-offs to mount them on or another set of Ford factory 17's. I don't care about metric size tires or if you think it looks "too skinny", just the 34x10.50 KO2's and fitment.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
They will fit (I did trim a very slight edge on the valance, more for insurance than necessity), and I have a set w/ very few miles- like <3k, and probably half that, would love to sell them. I ended up lifting and going true 35's...

p nut

butter
Just FYI, my ecoboost took a ~2mpg hit when I switched to 33's. I'd imagine 34's would be even more. Not sure if you care about the mpg loss, but thought I'd mention it.

But I wouldn't mind going down to 17's from the stock 18's. I think the Raptor 17's (gen 2) look the best. Haven't seen any other OEM 17" wheels that I like.

adrstout

Adventurer
Just FYI, my ecoboost took a ~2mpg hit when I switched to 33's. I'd imagine 34's would be even more. Not sure if you care about the mpg loss, but thought I'd mention it.

But I wouldn't mind going down to 17's from the stock 18's. I think the Raptor 17's (gen 2) look the best. Haven't seen any other OEM 17" wheels that I like.

My recent move to e range 285s seems to have netted me about .5 or 1mpg loss at most. I have lost exactly 1 mpg accoring to the dash but if I account for the inaccuracy due to increased tire size, it would be about .5mpg. I hope that's all I lose but even 2 mpg isn't bad for 33s. I have the 3.55 rear end. What do you have?

Also...I have no doubt 34x10.5 will fit. I'm sort of wishing I went taller than 285/70r17. Width would be more of a concern than height upsizing for me.

p nut

butter
My recent move to e range 285s seems to have netted me about .5 or 1mpg loss at most. I have lost exactly 1 mpg accoring to the dash but if I account for the inaccuracy due to increased tire size, it would be about .5mpg. I hope that's all I lose but even 2 mpg isn't bad for 33s. I have the 3.55 rear end. What do you have?

I've got 3.55 as well. Mine were all highway tests, btw. I'm hoping I'll get some of that loss back after the engine breaks in, but even if I don't, not a big deal.

Regarding KM2's, I've never had issues with tread separation. Great tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz