2000 Chevy Suburban Duramax

changed4ever

Observer
Customer bought a Suburban converted to a Duramax and wanted to start building an expedition vehicle with it. TrailReady front and rear bumpers sprayed with bedliner, Warn winch, & VisionX and XKGlow lighting
57eb95feb1e152d2e6908b0fd1d4f138.jpg
000c4fff24fb8b6d47b1cc758e5db277.jpg
eb8791b79560c069352d333237a4265c.jpg

Last edited:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Interesting idea. IMO that front bumper is hideous. Also looks like it severely cuts into approach angle.
I've seen a few GMT-800 diesel 'Burbs for sale around here. I know there are a couple of companies that do the conversion. Should go for the HD hood just to complete the look!

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Not only is that bumper ugly, but you are advertising for your company and not a forum sponsor which is against forum rules.

Happykamper

Explorer
Lol there is a guy here in Roseville building a Ford Excursion for a prepper putting a Cummings in it and other mods. As for the bumper I think it's ok. I do like the idea of sharing ideas. I really don't think the post was a real advertisement . More of a look what can be done.
Maybe this will be ok maybe not. I hope the mods look at it from both sides. Maybe it is a patent ad ??? I did not see it that way.

I guess that why we all have different ideas and thoughts. So we can grow!

thethePete

Explorer
Not only is that bumper ugly, but you are advertising for your company and not a forum sponsor which is against forum rules.

By that logic, the same could be said for Stoffrogen's threads, but no one bats an eye. I didn't see him even state his company name. He's just showing a build. Nice warm welcome.

changed4ever

Observer
Just wanted an open discussion. The bumper is a love hate for me. I have a Ram 2500 outfitted with AEV and after having that bumper all others seem to be a compromise. He is looking at adding a lift which will help the look. Bumper is massive and the truck needs help with lift and new tires and wheels

He is on vacation right now out west with his 3 kids enjoying the sights and some of the backcountry.

He is looking for a HD hood to help complete the look

Last edited:

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
cool , i like it. thought about putting my lb7 drivetrain into a burb, maybe the next duramax i buy will be a drivetrain donor to something a little cooler than the ext cab long bed i have now :)

some guys here are so sensitive, I would hate to see some try to survive in nature.

ZMagic97

Explorer
Nice Duraburb!

I'm usually the kind of guy that likes a smaller bumber, but this one is kinda growing on me.

thethePete

Explorer
^ I find most trucks at stock height with stock-ish tires look a little silly with a big bumper on them. Especially Chevys since they tend to sit a bit smaller looking than the other guys. There are a few trucks I see around with guys that must have them strictly for animal strikes because the truck is otherwise stock, and they always tend to look a little disproportionate.

A few inches of lift and some slightly larger tires will go a long way to balancing it out. I think it's the oversized light bar tube that makes it look so wonky. There's a F350 around here that has a whole grill guard done in tubing that big; it looks silly, but the whole truck is so over the top that it almost works.

RedF

Adventurer
^ I find most trucks at stock height with stock-ish tires look a little silly with a big bumper on them. Especially Chevys since they tend to sit a bit smaller looking than the other guys. There are a few trucks I see around with guys that must have them strictly for animal strikes because the truck is otherwise stock, and they always tend to look a little disproportionate.

A few inches of lift and some slightly larger tires will go a long way to balancing it out. I think it's the oversized light bar tube that makes it look so wonky. There's a F350 around here that has a whole grill guard done in tubing that big; it looks silly, but the whole truck is so over the top that it almost works.

Driving through Wyoming, it seemed like every pickup truck had a burly aftermarket bumper on it - I very much suspect for animal strikes.

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
Very cool suburban. Keep posting pictures as they come in. Is there any hood open shots? What is it making for fuel mileage?

changed4ever

Observer
He is on a trip. Will send him a text to see what his fuel economy is and get him to send me some pics of under the hood. Looks like a stock truck but a pic is worth a thousands posts

thethePete

Explorer
^ I think that's why people are curious about underhood shots. Engine swaps can either look like factory, or they can look like someone shoved a square peg in a round hole. Even if it's from the same brand.

There's a 2500 Avalanche back home a guy D-max swapped and put on 1-tons. Pretty nutty. It's a lot harder to do a clean engine conversion than most people realize; because most of the sketchy stuff is hidden where the average person doesn't see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz