Suspension help- 2015 tundra

Bigskyerik

First time to expeditionportal and to a forum. I have a 2015 tundra double cab SR with the 4.6L. I can articulate why I bought this truck and what I've done so far but I'm looking for help/input for suspension advise. I'm interested in a little more clearance and the ability to not sag when loaded. I feel I can deal with the sag-when-loaded problem with a set of airbags in the rear, that's a pretty clearly made case by many. What I'm wondering is how to get a little more clearance and off-road suspension performance. I'm not a jacked-up-truck guy and when I ask questions at the dealer they just want to sell me a leveling kit with the airbag install. I've looked at the old man emu stuff from ARB but am not sure that's the right choice. I'd actually like to maintain a little rake like it came new not just lift/level. I do have a steel bumper on the front and a topper to take into account. I also wouldn't mind slightly taller tires. I have 275/65R18's now and was wondering about 275/75R18's (34's instead of 32's) for a bit more ground clearance. I live in Montana and get a few thousand miles a year on gravel, some of which can be kinda knarly. I also realize I have the 4.6 and sorta care about mileage. There's so many opinions out there if you can make an clear case for an overland type vehicle build recommendation I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. If I could figure out how to post a picture if do it to explain my issues but I can't yet .

You have a lot of options available to you. I like the OME kit myself. Another solid option you could look at for a mild lift/suspension is the ToyTec Boss kit. Another option would be to find a TRD Pro owner that's put on a new lift to get take offs.

ToyTec Boss kit
ToyTec Ultimate Kit
Fox Kit
Icon Stage 2

I have a stock 2016 TRD Pro that has the 2" level up front (basically a Bilstein 6112 front/5160 rear). Even with a level you might have a bit of rake depending on how heavy your steel bumper is. I'm sitting on 295/70R18 which is very popular amongst Tundra owners. I'm running the Cooper STT Pros which come out to 34.5". If you're running stock rims you might need to run spacers, I choose Spidertrax 1.25" to give me some clearance between the UCA and tire tread.

Finally for fine adjustments you can hit up Eskrom Designs "Coachbuilder" for lift shims, shackles, etc.

GnaxVozXCSnhqPCZXNfiv1dOF9gxOXrPkxpyB_mh3Db6FB1N2Ztr8rrinetZ7w4BJ6oZLwpMB-U8MerKzrdRrodDSgxbc5p-AhhrZIf63Lkwgw9CfH3bCVC1Z736Amf-1lzhZbvrHKgLRXO1jtT1KSFKvKoBMSJ3kNpTyHpBtER7lTS8XBKZMNNZyCfizESTk_TGovkJhRyVjwF0nv2oiCatXw9rKI52-cKzgDOqq9ZBb_pnPwFGdzT5BE_PuvK4tPEugCof3W8E_Eu38QPjFr-_iv30ApkWVqeXqbneFNTpU77O_Mv3DaQVesuYyC5XuHXx5culaZf0Ges8YURCyzMGWa30HT5a45Zvgm51qvqJYCSJqKwV53_PF1ngaNH9SbAlHzUqzORRpGyADSqnfKT_i_cmov84NClXBfqXgD18lHDAVeX0H0NYMKlY08cpgzOulBFbAnvWdXCI6ezcxP7JkJCjDa6ZwK0pL4ilFLQHooa1jxvaGa6zl1_LraupMR3gTS9OS1PBDu1wu6RLMS1LL2EIlzBSrmgXdO4c2EjKSIrwc5l7W-ky8wFLKxSK8CvwnumHZaRwSMdyxYTOBrYe7rX7gTWq=w2102-h1462-no

eaneumann

Adventurer
I'm running the King OEM kit on mine with Camburg upper control arms and 285/75/18 tires on factory wheels. I did have to use spacers on the fronts. Still trying to decide on wheels, probably will never make up my mind. This is an amazing kit, you'll be blown away. If you're looking for something less extreme, I've also had good luck with OME in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adbdfb1c3bfc3f0f4ea6b189b76a5a6d.jpg
621cd6357b3fdd956d676e614805d2f0.jpg

karlmagnum

Observer
OME is definitely a good suspension lift kit. I suggest that you choose the heavy coils which are designed to hold the weight of your steel bumper. Instead of using rear blocks, you can use shackles for better ride and more strength to the rear suspension. Try to search on the net about the Coachbuilder shackles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior