2017 Ford Raptor prices

haven

Expedition Leader
Someone at fordraptorforum.com posted a link to an official-looking confidential 2017 pickup price list on a Ford web site. Looks like the Supercab Raptor with a 133" wheelbase will start at $48k, and the SuperCrew with 145" wheelbase will start at $51k. Options can quickly add another $10k.

Here's a link to the forum
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/2017-ford-raptor-official-price-breakdown-49072

And here's a link directly to the Ford web page
http://www.fleet.ford.com/edms/content?Object_Name=0900cad982b6c664

Partly because of the legendary status of the first generation Raptor, and partly because Ford ceased production of the Raptor in the 2015 model year, Raptor prices on the used market have remained high. Average sale price on autotrader.com for the 2010 to 2014 model is $51k, more than the original invoice. It will be interesting to see how the new Raptor, with aluminum body and turbocharged V6 instead of V8, will be accepted.

michael_l

Observer
I'd rather pay the remaining balance on my mortgage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sadly anyone who is in the market for a new truck these days is already in that ball park. I built a basic XLT / FX4 F150 online the other day, didn't even have leather, and it came out to 47k. New car prices have sky rocketed in the last 10 years.

At ~53k delivered the Raptor is a no brainer. Those trucks are supremely fun and capable in stock form, and do just about everything well. Not many other vehicles out there are camping ready, Lowes ready, comfortable and able to cruise at 85mph on the highway all day, and roomy and nice on the inside. The hp / tq is also a blast - and the on road handling is surprisingly nimble for a truck of it's size.

Haven is right on re resale too - a 2-4 year old truck with 30-50k miles is still selling for 48K+. Personally, I am getting in line for a new raptor. You can drive the piss out of it for 5 years and only take a 5k hit? Sign me up.

Yes the responsible thing to do is drive a 10 year old beater and have no debt, but if my mortgage is my only debt then I think the "rental" price of owning a raptor for a while is well worth it. Those trucks are a blast.

michael_l

Observer
Does the ford raptor still have a 950lb payload? What practicality is gained from an xlt?

I have very limited experience in both. Good friend has an extended cab FX4 I've borrowed a few times and my brother has a 2013 Raptor I've been out romping in the desert with. Bottom line is it's still a half ton truck, and when you spec it with a super crew it's in it's heaviest configuration / lowest payload. No one buys a half ton to be a real work truck, but they will both handle the trips to the hardware store in support of your house. As best I can tell from the ford website, is an XLT super crew 4x4 with the 5.5' bed and the TT Ecoboost V6 has a payload of either 1400 or 2k pounds but I can't tell what the difference is. The 2014 raptor had a payload of 1100-1350 pounds, I imagine depending on configuration. It's sort of apples to oranges though, as the previous truck had the giant 6.2 liter V8, and the aluminum combined with the ecoboost on the upcoming version is supposed to drop 500# so I imagine the payload will go up. We'll have to wait and see for the specifics.

As far as practicality over an FX4, you get drastically improved ride both on and off road. The suspension is seriously awesome. It handles tighter on the street, and you can jump it in the desert. You could always buy an XLT, get the rear locker, and spend 7k on completely upgrading the entire suspension and control arms, but the Raptor now has a completely redesigned / reinforced frame and you still probably wouldn't have the same stoutness of the suspension sub components, bushings, and links. You'd still be out the new wheels and tires, bumpers for more clearance, and there wouldn't be a way to get the new terrain drive modes included on the new Raptor which take the guess work out of differential locks, throttle response, braking boost, etc.

I wanted to hate the Raptor and call it over priced for what you get, but I don't see a way to buy a regular XLT 150 and get anywhere near as nice as the raptor for the same money. I suppose if you went used - the regular F150s don't hold their value as well so you might have more room to play. Lastly, a mid level equipped raptor to me seems quite a bit more pleasant on the interior than a mid level XLT.

If all you're doing is cruising at a reasonable or moderate pace down a forest service road and setting up your family camp site, an XLT would be perfect. But once you go 90mph down a desert mining access road to get to your campsite, you might not want to go back to put put -ing down the road. It shouldn't be that much fun, but it is.

thethePete

Explorer
You just nailed it. Completely.

Plus with the EB and new 10-spd transmission, I'm hoping that it'll be efficient enough to be a reasonable driver. The reality of the 6.2L is that it's such a gas guzzler, the other trim levels are worth it for the fuel savings alone and the Raptor was still kinda relegated to "toy" territory. With the new EB and 10-spd, hopefully day-to-day driving economy will be reasonable enough to justify this as an all-around truck.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
As best I can tell from the ford website, is an XLT super crew 4x4 with the 5.5' bed and the TT Ecoboost V6 has a payload of either 1400 or 2k pounds but I can't tell what the difference is.

I think the higher rating is for the max payload trucks with the seven lug axles.

Trophycummins

Adventurer
Just because it stickers for that doesnt mean theyll sell for that. We have a few on order and when they leave the lot theyll all touch 6 figures

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

michael_l

Observer
Yeah I'm sure there will be plenty of people in major metropolitan areas will pay the 10k mark up on it, but give it 6 months and you'll be able to find them. Plenty of people bought the previous generation for invoice.

As far as the Ecoboost V8, I think the 3.5 will be sufficient....rumored 450HP and 470 TQ will be much much more than sufficient. A TT V8 although fun would drop it back into the "I hope you don't have a long commute" territory...

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Oh yeah there's no practical reason for a TT V8, but there's also no practical reason for a Raptor in the first place unless you are running the desert at high speed. In which case, TT V8 all the way. Kind of the same as a Mustang. Sure you can get a 300hp NA V6 which is good on gas and all the power anyone needs. But the GT500 is the one everybody wants. Halo car. The Ecoboost V8 Raptor will be a Halo truck in the same regard.

OCD Overland

Explorer
Dealers in CA for some reason want to think that this truck will command $10k+ over sticker, and no doubt there's a sucker or two who will pay it. But once people figure out that this isn't a limited production truck and that dealers elsewhere are selling at sticker today, and probably at invoice in a few weeks, those premiums will disappear pdq. Some people are already reporting getting deals at invoice elsewhere in the country.

The price isn't bad for what you get. They sit right between the King Ranch and Platinum and from what I can tell, are equally equipped to either.

OCD Overland

Explorer
Oh yeah there's no practical reason for a TT V8, but there's also no practical reason for a Raptor in the first place unless you are running the desert at high speed.
Have to disagree there. To me, the Raptor style suspension would be fantastic for overlanding. Seems perfect for soaking up washboard while still being civil on the highway and capable offroad.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
But once you go 90mph down a desert mining access road to get to your campsite, you might not want to go back to put put -ing down the road. It shouldn't be that much fun, but it is.

Is that the quote you wanted etched on your tombstone? Lol if I was in the truck and someone wanted to do that, they would be letting me walk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior