2017 Ford Raptor prices

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I've driven a few Raptors, albeit just when they're in for service, and they certainly feel better than the f250, I just think it's an old-mindset motor that was never as good as it should've been. I mean, they were marketing it as "big block power" when released. Plus, 16 spark plugs is just silly. It feels like a big block though. Slow to Rev but it will pull a house.

You nailed it about EB ownership too. I feel like that ignorance of turbocharged motors was part of the "issues" they were having with condensation in the intercooler on the earlier ones. Telling me it's "too efficient" sounds like a weak excuse for poor driving habits. But you can't tell the guy he's "driving it wrong". It's definitely been a huge success in shifting peoples perception of a small engine in a truck though.

I also agree, they're using the EB in the Raptor for the same reason the GT got it. To show their commitment to small displacement turbo engines. And I'm totally ok with it.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Yeah but you cant really properly hoon a customers Raptor. I mean you could. I'll just disagree, as I think its a good but not fantastic engine. I just happen to love it.

I hope nothing for but the best on the next gen Raptor. And with the potential 17/23 MPG would be a HUGE improvement over the 6.2!

Trophycummins

Adventurer
Yeah but you cant really properly hoon a customers Raptor. I mean you could. I'll just disagree, as I think its a good but not fantastic engine. I just happen to love it.

I hope nothing for but the best on the next gen Raptor. And with the potential 17/23 MPG would be a HUGE improvement over the 6.2!
We do. Since were a big installer of suspension and power goodies, we have to beat on them.

Install a whipple on a 6.2 raptor? Ill give that thing 100% throttle to make sure nothing funky happens when the customer does.

I had an RO that said "engine makes sound under full load while over 100mph "

Guess how I had to diag it? Lol

Im in the "6.2 sucks in stock form" boat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

thethePete

Explorer
^ Yep, 100% As a Roush dealer we get crazy concerns like that too. As a diesel tech, I'll beat the hell out of a truck if I have to to get it to duplicate a concern. My customers demand their vehicles perform in extreme circumstances, so occasionally we have to test them the same way.

We've only done one Roushcharger on a 6.2, we deal mostly with Mustangs at our shop, but the blower definitely wakes them up tremendously. Again, that "big block" design. The head flows way more than the engine can without boost, so a charger turns them into a whole new beast. And I can appreciate the brutish sound of a big V8 in a brutish truck like the Raptor. From an emotional standpoint, it makes sense.

Stryder106

Explorer
If the sticker is $47K-$51K, with as much pent up demand as they are expecting, more than likely the actual selling price will $69K-$75K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier