Running Late build thread

rokrawlr

Observer
Very cool build! As a fellow Teuffelhunden, I love your "graphics package"! Those look great, your artist buddy is a master with the airbrush.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Stumbled on this build. FWIW I think you got this right. A quality wooden trailer build is essentially a wooden boat upside down on a trailer platform. I have built a few plywood boats over the years. Using similar methods and not even as high quality wood as you, I still have a little 13 foot jon boat that my son and I built 13 years ago and it is going strong. Best part of your build process is that in case of seal failure and water damage to the wood (which takes a long time of neglect), you can cut the offending section away replace and epoxy/glass new piece in place.
Well done, and of course, I appreciate the graphics as well! Semper fi.

John

BETRICKEY

Rear Cargo door details.

Great trailer build! Your trailer looks very similar to what I have envisioned for the build I will start in about a month. Would you post more pics of the rear door you built for your trailer,I like the design and it seems like a great option.

Thanks

Brian

ITTOG

Did you sand down the fiberglass before you painted? Any closeup pictures of the paint?

Good luck with the sale.

JoshN

Observer
Did you sand down the fiberglass before you painted? Any close-up pictures of the paint?

Good luck with the sale.
PXL_20210418_142848407.jpg

Light sanding, the epoxy was self-leveling as was the primer I used. Nothing spectacular about the final coat of paint, exterior oil-based paint rolled on. Looks just like any wall in your house (color dependant).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior