Post Pics of your Defender

kevb

Observer
I wondered if it was anyone here, nice Troopy! I Like! Shame we didn't stop and chat. maybe next time.

What a stunning area this is too.

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
kevb said:
Currently in Arizona, heading towards Moab then Colorado next week.

Kevin, let me know when you are in SoCal again, we'll put something together or at least grab a :beer:. I hear SoCal's :beer: is colder than CO's :beer: :)

Blackeye

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0008
125750282_khqhV-L.jpg

Boy do we miss the 90. Sold to a guy in CO. Hopefully they are having fun.

Oilworker

Explorer
Hi Kevb,

where did you get those trailing arms from? I can´t find them on Gigglepin4x4 website and am quite curious.
Maybe you could post a few close-ups, too?

Cheers,

Robert

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
JackW said:
You might also want to look at the Centri Pre-cleaners - they are aluminum and stainless construction. I have a 3" diameter Centri on my truck.
Here's another Aluminum/stainless one.
Enginaire
Tests (take with a grain of salt since the tests are from Enginaire)
The plastic units would make me nervous, something breaking it in the middle of nowhere.

kevb

Observer
Oilworker said:
Hi Kevb,

where did you get those trailing arms from? I can´t find them on Gigglepin4x4 website and am quite curious.
Maybe you could post a few close-ups, too?
Cheers,
Robert

Hiya Robert,

Trailing arms or extended radius arms are here

http://www.gigglepin4x4.net/arms/armsindex.htm Jim Marsden is the main man. I am very impressed with them. We are currently in Moab and traversed Elephant Hill both ways today without any dramas, open diffs.
Having a "discussion" (tiff) about who took the best photo! maybe you guys can help?
DSC_0708.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

I'll see if I can get some better photos of the arms.

Andrew, hopefully we can get together later, that would be cool.

hochung

Adventurer
Andrew Walcker said:
I hear SoCal's :beer: is colder than CO's :beer: :)

Andrew is right, and on top of that, the :beer: here is cheaper and tastier.

So, come by after you're done with your trip. If shipping your Defender back home becomes a pain, you can dump it in our dumpster... well, it won't fit, so you can park right next to it. :)

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
hochung said:
So, come by after you're done with your trip. If shipping your Defender back home becomes a pain, you can dump it in our dumpster... well, it won't fit, so you can park right next to it. :)

This is why EXPO is so great. Everyone is just so willing to lay themselves out for a fellow EXPO'er!!!!
Jason T.

97 D90, Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Colorado

Sadly, this truck went to a city dweller in Los Angeles who will never take it off road. It was one of the most trail worthy D90s we have ever sold.

Last edited:

KevinNY

Adventurer
How is it so trail worthy on stock size street tires, no winch and that horrible departure angle killer on the back?

The bike rack was easily removable & it had an Old Man Emu lift, shocks, & springs. Also a Safari Guard front bumper. We usually sell bone stock rigs, this one was fun. I'm sure it couldn't compete with many on this forum.

kevb

Observer
hochung said:
Andrew is right, and on top of that, the :beer: here is cheaper and tastier.

Ho, when I came by the shop I was trying not to look at your D2 but my eyes were just drawn to it.:bowdown: I couldn't help notice how comfy it looked. I bet you can have a conversation with your passengers without shouting! I bet your feet don't get wet when it rains! I bet your aircon actually lowers the temperature! I know you can fit in more that 2 people in comfort and still get all your luggage packed and in real terms, for most people, it is every bit as capable off road as a Defender. I do still hanker after my old D2 sometimes, but, for us the Defender has the edge. Back home now, the trip already fading to a distant memory! Til the next time.

Robert, where abouts in Germany are you, looks like I may have some work in Frankfurt Hann.

DSC_0049.jpg
[/IMG]
US4313.jpg
[/IMG]
BB has been abusing his 90 again!
DSC_0468.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Blueboy

Adventurer
this was our 2003 110 when in Brasil - crossing from Chile into Argentina.

manufactured in Brasil as well.

really, really, really wanted to bring it back home with me, yet, not enough time to get everything organized before we left.

a friend of mine now has the Rover so it continues on.

Jaime

Photo5crop.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles