Post Pics of your Defender

gjackson

FRGS
Dendy asked the question elsewhere regarding how many D110 owners are on ExPo. I know there are quite a few, but we also have at least one 130 and a good crop of 90s. So all Defender owners post up, let's see what you have.

I'll start:

J-064.jpg

M-121.jpg

Bots-014.jpg

cheers

PCRover

Adventurer
Here is my '94 D90 last month fresh out of the shop from it's rebuild. (Sill protection still to be installed)

IMG00205.jpg

kevb

Observer
gjackson said:
It's always one for another. I sold a D90 and a IIa 88 to get the 110.

cheers
That is generally the way of it, I swapped a rotten 110 for a good Lightweight, I'm selling the l/w and a Ser111 to fund the green 90 above.

Last edited:

TeriAnn

Explorer
Blair G said:
As it currently is.
large.jpg

Lovely prefilter. Does it have the stock filter behind it or something different?

I have the newer Donaldson self cleaning prefilter that sits directly over the intake of a horizontal Donaldson canister filter.

NewWing.jpg

Blair G

Adventurer
The 110 still has the stock filter that is plumbed into the pre-filter. It has always bothered me since it is in my line of sight. I was even playing with the idea of getting a snorkel to get it out of view. But being a Lazy Bugger, I will probably buy one like you and be done with it.I was going to order a new plastic bowl as the other is pretty sun damaged. Looking at yours looks like it would a perfect solution to what I have. I need to look at the donaldson website. The previous owner installed the prefilter when he rebuilt the motor in Australia as the dust killed his last motor.

TeriAnn said:
Lovely prefilter. Does it have the stock filter behind it or something different?

I have the newer Donaldson self cleaning prefilter that sits directly over the intake of a horizontal Donaldson canister filter.

NewWing.jpg

Michael Slade

Untitled
Blair G said:
The 110 still has the stock filter that is plumbed into the pre-filter. It has always bothered me since it is in my line of sight. I was even playing with the idea of getting a snorkel to get it out of view. But being a Lazy Bugger, I will probably buy one like you and be done with it.I was going to order a new plastic bowl as the other is pretty sun damaged. Looking at yours looks like it would a perfect solution to what I have. I need to look at the donaldson website. The previous owner installed the prefilter when he rebuilt the motor in Australia as the dust killed his last motor.

Hey Blair,

Gimme that part no. when you figure it out. My Donaldson is also getting very yellow, and I figure it's only a matter of time before it cracks apart.

Blair G

Adventurer
You got it.

Michael Slade said:
Hey Blair,

Gimme that part no. when you figure it out. My Donaldson is also getting very yellow, and I figure it's only a matter of time before it cracks apart.

TeriAnn

Explorer
Blair G said:
Looking at yours looks like it would a perfect solution to what I have. I need to look at the donaldson website. The previous owner installed the prefilter when he rebuilt the motor in Australia as the dust killed his last motor.

Donaldson Top Spin prefilter # H002437

Takes a 3" pipe. The body diameter is 6.4 inches & it is 5-3/4 inches tall including the pipe clamp at the base.

The unit is self cleaning so it will not collect dust for you to empty out.

Operating flow range is 90-200 cfm so it works with my 302 V8 up to around 3000 RPM without restricting flow I only cross 3000 RPM when trying to accelerate quickly.

A chevy 350 should probably go one size larger, a # H002425 Its operating flow range is 200-450 CFM. That means the precleaner might not work properly below 2000ish RPM.

Here's some quotes:

"The Donaldson TopSpin pre-cleaner has the lowest restriction of any competitive brands tested, including our own full-view pre-cleaner."

"Separates up to 85% of incoming contaminant (per ISO 5011/SAE J726)
Greatly extends air filter life
Reduces air filter usage
Lowers cost per operating hour
Automatically ejects mixed debris
Separates more than 99% of particles 20 micron and larger"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles