Adventure Silvy's Build Thread

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Adventure Silvy's 2014 Silverado Z71 Package.

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_7458.jpg

Suspension:
2.5" OEM, Fox Coil-Over w/ Resi
2.0" OEM, Fox Shocks w/Resi

Tires:
35x17x12.5 Falken WildPeaks

Lighting:
x2 Baja Designs XL Racer Editions in Spot
x2 Baja Designs Squadron Pros in Driving Combo
x1 Baja Designs Squadron Sport In Amber Spot
x2 Baja Designs Squadron Sport In Amber Driving-Combo
x2 Baja Designs Squadron Sport In Amber Wide-Cornering
x1 Baja Designs 30" Hi-Power in Driving-Combo
x2 Baja Designs S2 Pros Amber Flood
x2 Baja Designs Squadron Sport Flood Angled Flush Mounts

Extras:
Mob-Armor Mount
Bestop Super Top
Ram Mount Center Console
Switch Pro's SP8100 in Blue
WaterPort
Expedition-One Mule Rack
Roof Top Tent
Cobra CB
Bumpin' Stereo System
A driver ready to go on an adventure at the drop of a hat

Last edited:

herm

Adventurer
what factored into the decision for the 2.5 foxes? I am looking at something similar on my 09 sierra.

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
what factored into the decision for the 2.5 foxes? I am looking at something similar on my 09 sierra.

I went with the fox 2.5s for the adjustability as well as the added performance. I factored in that if i were to go with a mid-travel kit later down the road i would be able to use them as well, couldn't be happier! I would highly recommend going with an upper control arm if you are going to lift it above 2"s.

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
looking forward to it. how much trimming to fit the tires?

Yeah have a couple little things shipping in this week so i'll be sure to post up about them :sombrero: There was a substantial amount of trimming, the inner fenders had about 8 inches trimmed on both sides. I also had to cut some of the metal on the inner fender! Looking forward to being on this forum everything seems pretty interesting!

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Alright, so i ordered a soft-topper from the company Bestop. I purchased a "supertop" for a 6'5 bed. The installation was pretty time consuming compared to the instructions estimated time. Despite taking longer then the instructions claimed they were very informative and provided for a relatively easy installation. I bought this specifically for camping out of the back and plan to add power, a fridge, lighting, storage, and a bed in the bed. I will continue to post updates on the changes that take place! Here are a couple pictures from the weekend i took while i was exploring Yosemite!

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

Bestop Nightshot.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

Last edited:

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Well i figured i would post up about a little weekend adventure i had! Loved using my new OnX6 Hi-Power, it really lit up the mojave and the 395 when i cruised up! Bestop provided an awesome place to sleep with really little setup time. I think it's about time to upgrade suspension though! Rear shocks are blown and i think its time for some fox 2.0s or 2.5s not sure yet! Let me know if you have any suggestions for rear-suspension. Here is a couple pictures from the weekend!

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

Last edited:

Treybiz

Observer
Nice Looking Truck!

What offset methods are those? I have bro-dozerish 20x10s with toyo MTs on my 11' silverado 4x4 right now but I'm looking to go down to 17s and toyo RTs fairly soon but I haven't decided on wheels.

Anything 2.5 rear will work well with a stock leaf setup. I've got King 2.5 rears and a mini-pack with the stock block removed. I made up some shims in case it messed with the pinion angle but worked fine without. Front of mine is 2.5 King C/Os and Cognito UCAs.

I'm going to order the Mazulla Mid-Travel Kit in the next year when my truck is no longer my commuter and go up to the king 3.0 stuff if budget allows. I love my current setup but if I'm not driving it daily I want a little more off the pavement performance.

Trey

Ds4x4

Observer
Looking good. Have you had any issues with rubbing when those 35's are getting stuffed in the wheel wells?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Glad to seee your truck out rocking there Mr Adventure! Welcome to the site and thanks for posting pics. I would look into BDS suspension for your truck. you can probably get a set of springs and new shocks for reasonalble money. I have used BDS stuff for years and they have the best garantee in the bussiness. Cheers, Chilli..:wings:

Last edited:

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Nice Looking Truck!

What offset methods are those? I have bro-dozerish 20x10s with toyo MTs on my 11' silverado 4x4 right now but I'm looking to go down to 17s and toyo RTs fairly soon but I haven't decided on wheels.

Anything 2.5 rear will work well with a stock leaf setup. I've got King 2.5 rears and a mini-pack with the stock block removed. I made up some shims in case it messed with the pinion angle but worked fine without. Front of mine is 2.5 King C/Os and Cognito UCAs.

I'm going to order the Mazulla Mid-Travel Kit in the next year when my truck is no longer my commuter and go up to the king 3.0 stuff if budget allows. I love my current setup but if I'm not driving it daily I want a little more off the pavement performance.

Trey

Thanks for the thoughts Trey! Thats the route i was thinking about going! Eventually i will probably throw some quick release airbags under as well because of towing and random crap i put on the back of my truck, joe hauler, camping gear etc..

The methods specs are 17x8.5 with 0/4.75" Offset/Spacing.

I was planning on that mazzulla kit as will though it just became a little unrealistic with my budget and my willingness to beat my baby afterward!

-Luke

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
I will most definitely check them out, if i don't end up doing airbags new springs would be rad! Thank you for your input Chilli!!

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Thanks DS, yeah when i initially put them on i had to do some trimming on the inner fender closest to the firewall. If i bottom out the suspension all the way then i get very light rubbing on the top!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles