Gauging interest for new product

Would you be interested?

• Yes, I would be Interested

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, I would not be interested

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters

Stover

I'm a hobby bee keeper among other things. I typically purchase bee hive boxes pre-assembled so I do not have to assemble hives in my limited spare time.
Currently, I'm in the market for interior storage systems for a custom cabover camper I'm building for my father.
I think I'm the type of consumer that would buy your system, assuming it was built and priced properly.
I came on Expedition Portal to find ideas and understand the pros and cons of different interior storage solution setups as they relate to Overlanding.
Don't get discouraged by nay-sayers, every idea has to start somewhere, and without new startups like you, this site wouldn't have any advertisers or traffic.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I would think that it would also be a problem in having to make drawers that would fit a multiple of vehicles. If you use a "generic" setup that would fit a bunch of vehicles, it probably wouldn't fit any of them very well and would waste a lot of space, destroying the utility.
OTOH, if you custom make it for multiple vehicles, then it seems to me your costs would be enormous (unless you only make them for the most popular vehicles - but then that limits your customer base.)
If we had a ballpark figure of what such a setup might look like and what it might cost, it would be easier to know if it's something I'd want, but my guess is that like a yacht, if you have to ask how much it costs that means you can't afford it. :D

TrekboxX

Supporting Sponsor - TrekboxX
I would think that it would also be a problem in having to make drawers that would fit a multiple of vehicles. If you use a "generic" setup that would fit a bunch of vehicles, it probably wouldn't fit any of them very well and would waste a lot of space, destroying the utility.
OTOH, if you custom make it for multiple vehicles, then it seems to me your costs would be enormous (unless you only make them for the most popular vehicles - but then that limits your customer base.)

Exactly right. I can't tell you how many requests I've had for a "modular" drawer/drawer system. But "modular" and "efficient" are antithetical in the drawer market. You get one or the other.

babyfood1217

Observer
I just read the other short thread about the KISS drawers for the 100 series. Finding this thread, I had a thought. Could you make a more universal center box that would fit between wheel humps, and then offer DIY or model specific "wings" that would extend out to the wall of the cargo area? These wings could be specifically shapes to accommodate the differing sizes/shapes of various vehicle, and by getting the center box(es)/drawer(s) chosen first, the wings would be based off of those measurements. Within that, you could still have drawer/hinge/slide/latch options, and still be able to cater to different vehicles.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm typing on a bumpy bus and can't read my on writing.

-Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior