I just need to boil water for coffee, what stove?

travhale

Observer
I have the Jetboil MiniMo and really like it. Being able to simmer, and i mean as well or better than my home stove, really is nice. If you do a lot of camping like i do, you know that it's really easy to burn food to the bottom of your pot/pan with all the rocket/non-adjustable stoves out there. With the minimo, bring it to a boil, and let it simmer until your food is done with no worries. Or you can actually cook real food with no issue. I you're only interested in making a quick cup of coffee, there is no need to spend much on a stove, imo.

DGarman

What could go wrong?
Esbit Stove

This is what I use for heating water for instant coffee in the morning. One tablet will easily get 16oz. of water to the boiling point (or at least way too hot to drink).
In fact, I've even used it to scramble eggs in a small aluminum skillet.
Simple, compact, and cheap!

unclerichie

This is what I use. I love the Aeropress at home and on the road and a 1968 Coleman 502. A thermos mug keeps it hot for several hours.

IMG_1405.JPG

CSG

Explorer
I have an old Pocket Rocket which works fine but for car camping and heating water for coffee, if I don't use the cooktop in my van, I use a buffet style butane burner. Like this one - https://www.amazon.com/Iwatani-Corp...&qid=1472881564&sr=1-1&keywords=butane+burner

41AEvAOA5BL.jpg

Just like at home, I make my coffee one mug at a time with a Melitta one cup filter holder and #4 filters. I have a small kettle that holds about a quart of water.

Accrete

Explorer
we use the same iwatani stove metioned above in our rig. For coffee, on and adventure in the van or the toyhauler (our home on wheels) we use the AeroPress portable/packable coffee maker. Best home made coffee unit I've used to date.

: ) Thom

TwinStick

Explorer
If you want super compact & don't mind the whole "attached to the fuel canister" thing, then these work AWESOME !!! : Primus-Classic Trail Stove. They are super small & work excellent below 10,000 ft. I have 3 of them, daughter has 2 of her own (she is my outdoorsman). They have never failed us. They are great to have along. Just don't leave the canister's in your vehicle in direct sun on hot days. Some say they have gone boom. I have never had an issue with that.

kennedyma

Reviving an old thread here. I love my Trangia stove. While it take a little longer to heat the water it's dead quite and that's a good thing for me in the AM. I enjoy making a cup outside with the nature around me waking up also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior