XJ project MORTY

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
*burp* "Morty!" - sorry I had to make a Rick and Morty Reference:D

Love the Cherokee so far, good clean look and simple but functional. Got my sub

JeepinMt

Observer
I highly recommend Many Glacier for the east side of GNP. My wife and I spend almost every weekend of the summer there. Also while you are in Yellowstone you need to drive the Beartooth highway!

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
Great looking XJ. I almost went those wheels, too -- nice.

I have to change my plugs this weekend on my '01. I've been getting a random cyl. 3 misfire, and even once got a 1, 2, and 3 misfire, all threw codes. They've been cleared for about a month now without issue.

Mr_Miyagisan

Adventurer
Spent all yesterday fighting the rear driveshaft U-joints. Fun stuff, wish I had a hydraulic press

Last edited:

Mr_Miyagisan

Adventurer
Looking great!

Thanks!

Spent yesterday installing my driving lights and hoop on the bumper. Happy with how it turned out and love the lights
Snow XJ by Emerson Bowling, on Flickr
Still in a holding pattern for my big ticket items, being the ARB, trutrac and gears. I want to get the drivetrain setup first instead of getting the tent or fridge now. it'll give me and the wife more time behind the wheel practicing driving and spotting skills before the big trip, luckily we have a nice off road park about a hour away to put things to the test

Last edited:

Mr_Miyagisan

Adventurer
All my axle stuff showed up today! Can't wait to get it all installed
Axle gear by Emerson Bowling, on Flickr
Found a great price on a custom rack. Making it out of 1"x1" square tubing, going with a platform style and ill add rails up front for other things if I need them down the road.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles