2017 Nissan Armada, built on Patrol chassis

justcuz

Explorer
I'm just glad to see that the new Armada/Patrol is a JDM based.
I also think it's price point will win over some Land Cruiser shoppers and possibly Expedition shoppers who want a V8. Ford is on their second version of the EB V6 and though it puts out great numbers, the complexity of the twin turbo engine and associated reliability problems give me pause.
It may also make Toyota rethink their marketing strategy for the Land Cruiser and either lower prices or offer lessor packages to bring prices down. They don't completely own that market niche anymore.

JakeH

Adventurer
They're 200k reliable, but my brother's ecoboost fleet trucks lose so much MPG when they throw the mud terrain tires on them & drop into the low single digits when towing. Great engine for a daily driver, great power when you need it, but even marginal load increases ensure you'll be into the boost all the time.

Anyway, I'd like to see a small turbo diesel in the new armada, like dodge used in the ecodiesel ram. Even the titan XD's cummins would be a great flagship engine.

Shanfari

DhofarX.com
I expect many around here will import the Armada from the US alongside with its very expensive big brother, Patrol Y62. The high-end Patrol is priced at 90k$ here with 400hp. The full-spec Armada is considered cheap for someone doesn't really care much about off-road capabilities, especially that the VK56DE for the SE model has been dropped and switched to 4.0L V6 for 2017!!!

Shanfari

DhofarX.com
The same old 4.0L v6?

With some minimal touches, I guess:

NISSAN PATROL 4.0 XE V6 AT 2017 MODEL
Technical Specifications: Engine - 3,954 cc, Petrol V6 Engine, 4WD, Max. Power: 275 hp @ 5,600 rpm, Max. Torque: 394 Nm @ 4,000 rpm, Petrol, Multi Point Injection with 140 Liters Fuel Tank Capacity, Transmission - 7 Speed Automatic Transmission, Suspension - Front and Rear: Double Wishbone, Braking - Front and Rear: Ventilated Discs; Mechanically Operated Parking, Overall Length: 5,165 mm, Overall Width: 1,995 mm (without Door Mirrors) Overall Height: 1,940 mm (without Roof Rails) Wheelbase: 3,075 mm, Weights: 2,635 Kg (Curb), 3,400 Kg (Gross), Cargo Volume: 550 Liters, Seating: 1 + 7 Seats, TYRES AND WHEEL: 265/70 R18, All Season Tyres, 18 x 8 Alloy (Silver Paint) Wheels

Standard Specifications: Driver and Front Passenger SRS Airbag, Anti-Locking Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist (BA), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Hill Start Assist (HSA) and Hill Descent Control (HDC), Limited Slip Differential (LSD), Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), High Mounting Stop Lamp with LED in Rear Spoiler, Rear Differential Locking, Child Anchors and Child Safety Door Lock System, Anti-Theft Device with Immobilizer, Alarm and Hood Lock, Rack and Pinion Hydraulic Power Assisted Steering Wheels Tilt and Telescopic Adjustable with Audio, ASCD, Hands-Free Phone Function, Leather Shift Knob, Foot Release Type Parking Brake, Front and Rear Power Windows with One Touch Up/Down Function, Speed Sensing Type Central Door Locking, Push Engine Starter, ASCD Cruise Control, Analog Drive Computer Fabric Seats, Driver and Front Passenger Adjustable Seats, Cool Box, Intelligent Key for Front Door, Rear Hatch and Panic Alarm, Auto Close Back Door, HVAC Front Full Auto Air Conditioning with Rear Cooler, Wide 2 DIN Audio with CD, Radio and Audio AUX Player, 4 Speakers, Black Colored Door Mirrors, Chrome Inside Door Handles, Side Step, Halogen Headlamps, LED Rear Lamps, Rear Fog Lamps, Rear Spoiler, Front Bumper, Wiper: Variable Intermittent with Mist and Speed Sensor, Radiator Grille, Single Exhaust Tail Pipe, Full Spare wheel.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...50030093100.html?spm=a2700.7724857.0.0.yjE3ks

It'll be a serious failure compared to 2010-2016 same trim models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94