Zach's Project JK

zachproffitt

Hi everyone!

I'm a new member here at Expedition Portal. I live a short drive east of Seattle, Washington. Two weeks ago I traded my 18 month old BMW M4 for a new Wrangler. I don't think many on this forum will debate the decision. The Jeep is a second car and can be optimized for fun. I've learned a lot about Jeeps and adventure travel here at EP, so in the spirit of giving back, this thread will journal my build experience in progress. I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback and hope to see you on the trails!

_DSC3473.jpg

The base for the build is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Willys.

Current mods:

Bestop Supertop NX Black Diamond
AEV Savegre wheels
Goodyear Duratrac 285/70R17 tires
AEV 2.5" XT suspension with geometry correction brackets

The Jeep came with a hardtop, but I intend to have the top down and doors off whenever practical. We get some rain in the Pacific Northwest, so adding the Supertop was top priority (as was downloading the NOAA Radar app!). Installing the top was uneventful and took about 2 hours solo.

Tires were mounted at Omni in Kirkland, one of the best shops in the area. One of the Savegres was damaged in transit, but Quadratec shipped a replacement same day, no questions asked. These wheels, combined with the Duratracs, are stunning. They're also surprisingly light and dramatically improved the ride quality over the OE BFG Mud-Terrains.

Suspension was installed in a friends garage last weekend. Photos and notes from the install will follow in a future post.

_DSC3535.jpg

Planned mods:

LoD Signature mid-width front and full-width rear bumpers
LoD rock rails
Winch and safety/recovery accessories
Replace carpet with Line-X or paint or equivalent
Lighting

_DSC3507.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Looks like a great project, welcome!

Interested in the interior bed lining idea, I've been wanting to do that for about a year now.

BCobe

Adventurer
Wow! I had actually settle on the idea of 35's but I really like your set up. See what the side view looks like!

BCobe

Adventurer
Thanks for the the side views! Thinking about 33's again. You have the same train of thought I have for bumpers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles