Road to SEMA, A 90 day build ROUND 2

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Lightforce performance lighting

We cant wait to get these ligtforce lights wired, they are a really nice looking light and have some insane distance that we look forward to putting to the test.

We will be runnig these as reverse lights as well as at all of the rrof rack corners.

Its really great to see how many of you guys are watching this build! Lets see some pics of your light setups on your van! Post up....

rick1919

This van is crazy! Those lights look they can shine for miles. How many lights are you putting on this bad boy?
When are we gonna see some pic of the inside?

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Road to Sema, a 90 Day Build. PART 2

We have been working on this van like crazy building some really cool parts for all you Chevrolet van guys. With the outside being close to complete we are looking forward to tackling the inside! Here is another video clip of some of the parts being built.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
We are going to be working our way to the inside of this van build... we would live to see what some of you guys are doing on the inside. Post pics of your rig lets check them out...
Thanks.
Jeremy

mgmetalworks

Explorer
We are going to be working our way to the inside of this van build... we would live to see what some of you guys are doing on the inside. Post pics of your rig lets check them out...
Thanks.
Jeremy

Ok, I'll bite... I was in your shoes last year working my tail off to meet the deadlines! I know how you're feeling right about now. :)

I highly recommend extruded framing for interior builds. It is very configurable and fabrication is really quick. Plus all of the CAD profiles are available online so building up a 'weldment' in Solidworks is a breeze and it gives you an easy cut list.

I also loved the versatility of the L-track for tie downs and fastening.

If you're building a seat/bed from scratch, give me a call... I have lots of advice on what not to do! haha!

naterry

13 Cheeseburgers
X2, what Mike said^

Van%20Interior%201_zpsm9yctfth.jpg

Van%20Interior%202_zpsb8ey0j2e.jpg

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
sema 2016 inside van build

Ok, I'll bite... I was in your shoes last year working my tail off to meet the deadlines! I know how you're feeling right about now. :)

I highly recommend extruded framing for interior builds. It is very configurable and fabrication is really quick. Plus all of the CAD profiles are available online so building up a 'weldment' in Solidworks is a breeze and it gives you an easy cut list.

I also loved the versatility of the L-track for tie downs and fastening.

If you're building a seat/bed from scratch, give me a call... I have lots of advice on what not to do! haha!

We are using the L-track so i will definitely will take any advise on that!
I love the inside of your builds, lucky not so lucky we are not doing any cabinets. This will have to Toyota Sienna seats and a fold down bed in the rear. Dynamat has joined this build so the walls will be good but still looking for the best insulating material. We had the pleasure of heading up to ProAir LLc this week to have rear air/heat unit installed. With 42,000 BTU penguins should be comfortable in this van on those hot summer days in the desert.

We really appreciate the feedback and seeing pics always sparks the imagination juices! Thanks guys we love seeing your pics and hearing your ideas...
Keep them coming...

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Want to see more? check out Episode 1

We have been really busy building and want to share more with you! check out Episode 1.

Last edited:

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Road to sema window install

Well this week has been crazy to say the least!
With more then 200 views on any given day we would love more feedback, questions, anything.... "you guys are idiots for doing this to a new van"? IDK.... We are here to help and learn with you..... we are learning and love the feedback as we don't usually build the inside but i can bend a tube a stick them together with some metal glue. If you want to know about welding, metal or the craziness let us know. We really want to thank you guys for watching this build it is fun although has made sleep a thing of the past...... plenty more pics and videos to come!
Thanks Again
Jeremy

It was time to put windows in so we cut 2 big holes in a new van..... who doesn't love to do that? Originally we got the CR Lawarence windows for this build and later we can share the video of doing the layout and realizing they were bigger then the body lines on the van. Lucky i measured twice then was really confused...... I just couldn't do it... there was no way i was going to have that window in this van, well unless the owner had to have it. Lucky for me he has really put a lot of trust in me and allowed me to make the ultimate decision and build this to my design vision. :bigbossHL:
It was off to the local junk yard to find windows.... if it was only that easy or cheap.... Off to Chevrolet dealership to order to passenger van windows.... a week later they arrived and it was time to cut to big holes!
Here is a look at our holy van...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior