Road to SEMA, A 90 day build ROUND 2

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I am the Dummy Who spent the money. :costumed-smiley-007 I don't have very many sweet pic yet but I promised Jeremy I would soon.
The curbs Don't stand a chance.
That being said I Have always driven a F350 Diesel solid axle for work/ Fun, I alway put up with the ride because I did not believe there was another way. And I am Ford Guy. I purchased this van because it was brand new and Didn't want to spend 100k on a Sportsmobile for a 6.0 with low miles. I probably would have saved money. I drove the van to Jeremy the day after it was shipped to me and it road Like a cargo van. When I picked it up just after sema I called Jeremy after being 5 miles down the freeway almost in tears. I was doing 80 and it felt like I was in An Escalade. This was just the beginning. I took it camping immediately with me and my son. We drove it thru the grapevine with no issue and when we got to the dirt road we just Glided. In my f350 10 15 mph was comfortable on this dirt road any faster and you felt like you were in a giant shake weight. I was cruising at 30 - 40 with no issue could even tell I was on the dirt. almost road better than the street.
This past weekend I took it out to the desert bar In parker Az That road is a 5 mph tops in my truck, I was chasing rzrs and Rhinos in the VAn 30 -40 no problem Like it was born to be in the dirt. People were looking at me like I was crazy following the rzrs and Jeeps up the trails. This thing is seriously awesome and I am so glad I found Jeremy. He really Built a 1 of a kind Van and I am proud to own it! I wouldn't believe him if he told me that it was going to perform as well as it has so far. I own the most bad *** Chevy Express on the Planet. "I love It when a plan comes together"

Awesome! I bet it works loads better in those conditions than most solid axle rigs. I have been so busy with my young kids that I really haven't been able to test my ujoint setup much aside from playing in the snow a bit. But I'm sure on the long washboard roads I'll be missing my tacoma with icon coilovers, custom spring pack etc. So so much unsprung weight and off the shelf shocks. Loads better (even around town and on the highway) than stock, but I don't expect it to do so well at moderate to high speed off road. I'd be all about something like this on a ford van, but have no interest in using a TTB setup on something that will be so heavy and spend so much time on the highway.

Looking forward to some videos still! ;)

Last edited:

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Sounds like it was money well spent! I for one am jealous of the suspension you have got going. I have a feeling it would absolutely eat up the washboards and whoops out in Utah's west desert.

we can build you one to keep up with Rick.

Thanks Rick for the kind words, I look forward to getting some great video and pics of the Chevrolet Quigley 4x4 tearing up the trails.

We have added a ton of pics to this thread and have a lot more, is there anything specific you would like to see?

wjeeper

I have been impressed with how well these vans do with just a torsion bar crank and longer shocks. I cant wait to take it to the next level!

Since nobody is chiming in for pic requests I will chime in! How about some shots of the factory windows you added to the cargo van. I had thought about adding a factory window to the passenger side, but I didnt think it would fit right because the "step" isn't pressed into the side. Are they fixed windows or do they tilt out?

Post up some pics of your new fab table!

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Chevy van window install

I have been impressed with how well these vans do with just a torsion bar crank and longer shocks. I cant wait to take it to the next level!

Since nobody is chiming in for pic requests I will chime in! How about some shots of the factory windows you added to the cargo van. I had thought about adding a factory window to the passenger side, but I didnt think it would fit right because the "step" isn't pressed into the side. Are they fixed windows or do they tilt out?

Post up some pics of your new fab table!

The cargo doesn't have the factory step as deep but it still looks a lot better then any other window out there. The bad is that we permanently fixed them so they do not open up.
Here is a few pics of the layout and cut! I think we may have enough footage of this to to a how to video if any of you gys are thinking about doing this.

There is a vertical support that needed to be moved in order to complete this. We cut both sides of the sheet metal then moved it before completely cutting the hole.

New fab table pics coming soon: HEHE

wjeeper

The cargo doesn't have the factory step as deep but it still looks a lot better then any other window out there. The bad is that we permanently fixed them so they do not open up.

I think they turned out awesome. Honestly only the trained eye would notice that they aren't factory installed..........can't say that with the aftermarket offerings I have seen! I may have to break out the sawsall and add another window!

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Chevy express windows

I think they turned out awesome. Honestly only the trained eye would notice that they aren't factory installed..........can't say that with the aftermarket offerings I have seen! I may have to break out the sawsall and add another window!

Thanks. it really wasn't to bad as long as you just take your time on the lay out. The sheet metal cuts easy. However i would recomened getting electric shears to do this, you can buy a cheap set from harbor freight for $60. A sawzall can be a little agressive and you don't want to ripple or dent the panel. My 2 cents.

Here is a couple more pics of the install.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Quigley 4x4 suspension lift

Only one person wants to see additional pics of this build. You guys sure are a tough group.. HEHE.. We must have 5k plus pics and hours of video footage of this build we will be posting on our social pages along with our site. If you don't follow us on our social pages please click any of the links below to see tons of current build pics!
Here is a teaser of whats coming next!

Any ideas? Another Brand new blank slate to get silly with as this 2016 Chevrolet Quigley 4x4 is about to get a makeover. With only 566 miles, we sure do love getting these new vans to transform. Still need to beat 197 miles.. Thanks RICK.

710m

Observer
People at work are starting to wonder why I have a drool-guard on my keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjeeper

People at work are starting to wonder why I have a drool-guard on my keyboard.

This thread is the reason Expedition Portal is now banned at my work.

I for one am excited to see the direction this new van build goes!

Last edited:

86cj

Explorer
Only one person wants to see additional pics of this build. You guys sure are a tough group.. HEHE.. We must have 5k plus pics and hours of video footage of this build we will be posting on our social pages along with our site. If you don't follow us on our social pages please click any of the links below to see tons of current build pics!
Here is a teaser of whats coming next!

Any ideas? Another Brand new blank slate to get silly with as this 2016 Chevrolet Quigley 4x4 is about to get a makeover. With only 566 miles, we sure do love getting these new vans to transform. Still need to beat 197 miles.. Thanks RICK.

You guys are awsome, don't worry we lurk and drool...... BTW I like to tear into them early too, Jeep got a lift at 36 miles, my AWD Van got bigger tires at 4 miles........

I have been pretty set on a GM Quigley with their lift drop shipped local, we are just not ready yet. Please show me the way!!!....................

Sam

New Quigley 4x4 Build

Jeremy~ I'm not sure if you were referring to my inquiry about Rick's SEMA build pictures that I was asking for but I sure do look forward to your creation of this next build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior