LTT-MCC Marine Corps Chassis Overland Trailer Build

hsestes

Henry S Estes
Today my buddy started welding the aluminum side walls. One down! These will get covered with aluminum sides as well...

2016-08-15 18.50.05.jpg 2016-08-15 18.49.39.jpg 2016-08-15 18.49.30.jpg

hudsimtn

Observer
Trailer is looking really good. I have the silver eagle ltt flat deck, they are a great platform for an offroad camper. Great trailers. Check out my photos section if you want. Its a work in progress but getting there.

Last edited:

hsestes

Henry S Estes
And we got the top on!!!! (at least a mock up - not bolted down yet...) I did not want a RTT because of the hassle involved in setup/teardown, etc, etc.... So I scored this Gemtop Workmaster camper top to go on the trailer for $400!!

So you may ask why not open the doors to the back.... Well, I have a aluminum tool/storage box planned for the rear area, and in the front will have a fold down deck/porch that when lowered down will sit on top of a portion of the tongue with the tongue providing the support for it.

We still have to finish the tongue, bolt everything together, install the leveling jacks, tint the windows, add a few more bolt on pieces and then off to get her painted....

2016-08-29 19.56.28.jpg 2016-08-29 19.18.21.jpg 2016-08-29 19.00.21.jpg 2016-08-29 19.00.13.jpg 2016-08-29 19.00.36.jpg

hsestes

Henry S Estes
Nice. I like the RTT rack you built for it. As you will see, I am going a little different route....

hsestes

Henry S Estes
I will have to work all that out :) To start with, I will probably purchase some cots, and then use plastic storage bins that would fit under them. Later I may build a sleeping platform with storage underneath.. again will have to work all that out as I start to use it. The main objective is mobility quickly. If I have to "bug out" I don't want a 30 minute breakdown session for camp.

SamM

Adventurer
The doors opening to the front is a nice feature. How do you plan to protect the glass from stray rocks? Looking great!

SamM

hsestes

Henry S Estes
Couple of updates here.

Got the trailer tongue finished. It's been extended about 2 feet for extra turning clearance and dropped about two inches to allow it to sit level with the Jeep.
IMG_9294.jpg IMG_9295.jpg

I used an open ended Reciever tube so that I would use a pintle, or MaxCoupler, or remove for security. IMG_9296.jpg

hsestes

Henry S Estes
We also go the rear stabilizer jack brackets made. The jacks will be removed during transit, and once installed will work in conjunction with the front to get the trailer level for sleeping.

IMG_9297.jpg IMG_9299.jpg IMG_9298.jpg IMG_9302.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior