Custom Class C 4x4, what's it worth?

Weeds

Adventurer
Just a word of caution, 1987 was the worst year for fuel injection and computer systems. The manufacturers did not have it figured out. There was low fuel mileage and poor performance. You might check some forums for 87' Chevy trucks. My uncle had one and cussed it regularly so much he kept his 1965. I have talked with other 87' owners with similar problems. I had problems with an 87' Ford and a carbureted 87' Honda. Just a bad year.

This is still a tempting purchase.

Silverado08

Observer
Just a word of caution, 1987 was the worst year for fuel injection and computer systems. The manufacturers did not have it figured out. There was low fuel mileage and poor performance. You might check some forums for 87' Chevy trucks. My uncle had one and cussed it regularly so much he kept his 1965. I have talked with other 87' owners with similar problems. I had problems with an 87' Ford and a carbureted 87' Honda. Just a bad year.

This is still a tempting purchase.
Fwiw
With such square design and 4x4 Id bet mileage will be under 10 mpg when,going downhil..something the buyer should consider and inquire from the owner

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
...something the buyer should consider and inquire from the owner

Uh..."should"? Only if it concerns them. Get so tired of this superior, pushy attitude. Next you'll say he should install an overdrive transmission, should buy only Shell gasoline, should have his tires filled with nitrogen, should brush his teeth twice daily, should have 3 months salary in savings, should wear his seatbelt...go your own way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles