Tips for cooking with 12v ovens

taugust

Adventurer
I have used my Road Pro for nearly 3 years of daily use. I drive a big rig and it is my only way to "cook." Here is what I do:

I use heavy duty foil on the bottom to mostly keep crumbs and spills out. I will reheat burritos, pizza, frozen egg rolls, hot pockets, chicken strips, etc, directly on the foil. I find that things get crispier if the latch is left open, allowing steam to escape. Turn items over once or twice while heating to prevent burning.

I buy my foil pans at Walmart, 3 for 88 cents, versus 3 for $3.99 at truck stops. The smaller pans are great for smaller portions.

I have heated the small Stouffer's lasagna, starting from thawed. I cut it up and stir to hear more evenly.

I often buy the frozen "skillet meals" in a bag and reheat those. I will buy, and put in my fridge, where they will thaw after a day or so. I open the bag, put half in the larger foil pan, and reheat, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. The latch can be closed to keep the steam in here. The other half goes back in the fridge for the next day. Some items need a little added water.

The outer 2" on each end don't get very hot, so keep the direct heated items near the center, or move things around to more evenly heat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94