Mitsubishi Fuso replacement seats

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
No idea the quality on this one but for $33.89 it is not a big investment - http://www.ebay.com/itm/311106401331

pgrh8wXh.jpg

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
No idea the quality on this one but for $33.89 it is not a big investment

There is not that much that can go wrong with these devices, but they are a bit on the heavy side.
I bought one of these cheap eBay devices some time back and they definitely do the job. As an example, I helped Gait rotate his wheels when he came to visit a few months back. On one of his wheels the nuts were very resistive to undoing, even with a 5 foot extension bar on the end of the breaker bar. I then used the torque multiplier and with very minimal effort those nuts were undone.
My only advice with these cheap eBay units is to disassemble them and to repack with good quality, high pressure grease. My device had very little grease in it when delivered and it did not feel smooth when turning the drive lug. After a rebuild it works as I expected it should. A useful tool to have in the cupboard.

Bris31

Adventurer
............... My only advice with these cheap eBay units is to disassemble them and to repack with good quality, high pressure grease.

Owen, is there a grease nipple in this device?
But looks like not the way you mentioned. Is it easy to disassemble?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Owen, is there a grease nipple in this device?
But looks like not the way you mentioned. Is it easy to disassemble?

No grease nipple; it's a sealed system.
On mine there is a large circlip on the top and when removed it comes apart very easily.

pugslyyy

No grease nipple; it's a sealed system.
On mine there is a large circlip on the top and when removed it comes apart very easily.

I imagine its a planetary gear setup in there, like on a lot of winches?

Which reminds me, I need to repack my winch.

pugslyyy

There is not that much that can go wrong with these devices, but they are a bit on the heavy side.
I bought one of these cheap eBay devices some time back and they definitely do the job. As an example, I helped Gait rotate his wheels when he came to visit a few months back. On one of his wheels the nuts were very resistive to undoing, even with a 5 foot extension bar on the end of the breaker bar. I then used the torque multiplier and with very minimal effort those nuts were undone.
My only advice with these cheap eBay units is to disassemble them and to repack with good quality, high pressure grease. My device had very little grease in it when delivered and it did not feel smooth when turning the drive lug. After a rebuild it works as I expected it should. A useful tool to have in the cupboard.

This is very good advice. My experience with Chinese mechanical devices is that the actual product parts are reasonably well made, but the assembly can be suspect and the cleanliness is atrocious. You can get some decent product out of China but the fit and finish is not going to be great.

I have a CNC mill that I worked through all these issues on a few years ago, and am now working through it again on a lathe. At the end of the day it is worth it for me to buy Chinese and clean it up because it is at least a 50% savings (i.e. a $5000 Chinese generic is comparable to a $10k+ branded once sorted).

If you want a thoroughly sorted torque multiplier you can buy one for $150... or if you are willing to work out the kinks yourself you can get one for under $35. There's not a right or wrong answer here, you just have to go the direction that works for you.

gait

Explorer
...As an example, I helped Gait rotate his wheels when he came to visit a few months back. On one of his wheels the nuts were very resistive to undoing, even with a 5 foot extension bar on the end of the breaker bar. I then used the torque multiplier and with very minimal effort those nuts were undone....

mildly understated. Very resistive translates as "no way in the world are these nuts going to loosen this way". Would have been a bit stuck without Owen and multiplier! :)

Maninga

Adventurer
Hahahaha. Telstra shares would go up, there'd be no such thing as a short chat with anyone.

We're planning to get some Recaro's for our truck. I just don't like the Stratos at all, would prefer a fixed but comfortable set to spring mounted Stratos any day. Last quote I got was around 7k for the ones we liked with extra padding, fitted to the truck and recovered in leather.

pugslyyy

I picked up one of the cheapo torque multipliers. Based on the advice here I disassembled and cleaned it before lubing it and reassembly.

If you buy one of these, I think that immediately servicing it is a must do. The "grease" in mine seemed to be mostly grit in an extremely light and dirty oil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kerry

Expedition Leader
After having lots of problems with my lug nuts I bought one of those cheap torque multipliers. I disassembled mine upon arrival and the grease seemed fine. I've only tested it on a few lug nuts but it undid them very easily. But I concur, it is a heavy tool. However, it is lighter than the Chinese version of this which I also bought. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8fzCD_CNMc

DzlToy

Explorer
Toyota Celica from the wrecking yard I believe. No need for $2,000 seats unless you have $$ burning a hole in your pocket. Put it into suspension, window film, stereo or a Steinbauer.

Attachments

• 20140510_123349_resized.jpg
    20140510_123349_resized.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 57

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94