Tire repair kit.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I almost lost my tire tool in the wife's tire this morning because the set screew that hold the poker was loose. Just enough stuck out that I could grab it with side cutters. With all the vibration you may want to check yours before you use it. I used loctite on the Allen threads and noticed my kit had a spare set screew and Allen wrench in it. Just this month I've patched a bicycle tire sidewall, put two patches inside of the buggy tire and plugged the wife's tire. I'm running low on supplies like glue and patches. Does anybody know the best source for glue and patches?

image.jpg

LR Max

Local Oaf
I bought plugs off Amazon. I'd say look there.

Took me 15 years but I used all of the plugs that come in the Safety Seal kit!

Typically most auto part stores will have patches and glue in stock. I know Advance has them. I bought both bead seal and rubber cement from Advance for tires and patches. Both work good. However they've both perished after 5 years on the shelf (such is life) but I used the crap out of the rubber cement. Patched like, 15 bike intertubes and other things.

M35A2

Tinkerer
Go to an auto parts store and purchase better one-piece tools. They will also have the supplies you need.

jgaz

Adventurer
I've been able to buy replacement pulls and glue from NAPA. If they don't have them in stock they can order what you need.

rayra

Expedition Leader
any auto parts store or walmart, no need to get as fancy as your choice of T-handle.

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
I bought plugs off Amazon. I'd say look there.

Took me 15 years but I used all of the plugs that come in the Safety Seal kit!

Typically most auto part stores will have patches and glue in stock. I know Advance has them. I bought both bead seal and rubber cement from Advance for tires and patches. Both work good. However they've both perished after 5 years on the shelf (such is life) but I used the crap out of the rubber cement. Patched like, 15 bike intertubes and other things.

I also prefer the Safety Seal Brand. I bought a large kit in the 80's and I still have a few plugs left. Time to order some more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles