New HAM

LR Max

Local Oaf
Just passed my exam this past weekend. Now just waiting on my callsign. Next I want to find someone near me to have a beer with just to chat with about it.

Of course the handheld I bought is super difficult to program with super vague instructions...

prerunner1982

Adventurer
Just passed my exam this past weekend. Now just waiting on my callsign. Next I want to find someone near me to have a beer with just to chat with about it.

Of course the handheld I bought is super difficult to program with super vague instructions...

Congrats... Baofeng/Pofung radio?

KG4NEL

Observer
I've been studying for my Technician and General tests in Sept. I am most surprised by the questions regarding zinc-carbon batteries. Have those even been manufactured in the last 40 years?

Even the Extra question pool has a lot of questions that are obsolete (TTL logic, thrystors, CRT monitors).

texascrane

Adventurer
Even the Extra question pool has a lot of questions that are obsolete (TTL logic, thrystors, CRT monitors).

The Extra question pool was just refreshed this past summer. I'm not sure how many of those questions remain, but hopefully there have been some improvements.

KG4NEL

Observer
Hopefully!

It always seemed kind of silly there weren't more practical questions on everyday radio usage - I understand that things like PSK and JT65 take time to get absorbed into the question pool, but I've been a ham 15 years and I haven't had to worry about a flip-flop logic gate yet :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online