Northstar MC600 Truck Camper for Toyota Tacoma or other 1/2 truck - $10,500

mmiller001

27961471650_85d2f062a4_b.jpg

More Images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattmillerart/albums/72157668068397504

For sale is one 2011 Northstar MC600 pop-up truck camper. Perfect for a Toyota Tacoma and will also fit larger American-made trucks.

The camper is the perfect summer adventure vehicle! Load up your kayaks and surfboards and go! Get suited up before before your adventure and enjoy a cold beverage after!

It has modern amenities such as LED interior and exterior lighting, propane stove, heat, running water, and exterior shower with hot water. It sleeps 3 total - 2 people on a full size mattress and 1 more on the couch!

I'm the 4th owner of the camper and you can be the 5th! It's the best condition truck camper you will find on the east coast because of it's new age and proud owners. Make it yours just in time for summer camping!
What are the features?

- General build
- - Pop-up top - this means that when you drive it has a low profile and center of gravity, and when you camp the top raises for an extra 2.5 feet of interior height!
- - Rear awning to keep you in the shade.
- - Rear screen door with lock.
- - 6 screen windows with privacy liners to keep prying eyes away!
- - 2 glass windows with privacy curtains. 1 window slides open.
- - Built to last with industry leading wood construction.
- - Two steel roof bars for holding gear or mounting racks.
- Food storage and cooking
- - 3 way fridge holds lots of beer and food.
- - 2 burner propane stove for cooking real meals!
- - 20lb lay-down propane tank.
- Storage
- - Under the bed storage holds all your clothes!
- - Side storage along each side of bed.
- - Cabinets and drawers around sink.
- - Counter lifts up revealing storage and a mirror.
- - Plenty of spots to hang pots, pans, and gear.
- Comfort
- - Full size spring mattress (1st bed)
- - Couch sitting area (turns into 2rd bed) with cushions and removable table.
- Water
- - 17 gallon fresh-water tank with fill and drain
- - Sink with electric water pump powered faucet.
- - Exterior gray-water tank where sink drains.
- Heating & cooling
- - Propane furnace with thermostat keeps you warm.
- - Roof fan with automatic controls keeps it cool in the summer.
- Lighting
- - Interior LED lights which are brighter than your house!
- - Exterior LED lights on 3 sides of camper.
- Electrical
- - Camper has its own 12 battery supply.
- - 12v outlet for charging iPhone, kindle, camera, etc.
- - Plugs into 7 pin hitch connector which charges the battery while you drive. (car electrical hitch required)
- - Plugs into 110v wall outlet which charges the battery AND supplies 110v power inside and out via standard wall plugs.
- Camping hookups
- - At campsites which offer it, you can hook into 110v power AND fresh water.
- Truck mounting points
- - Features 4 tie down points on the camper.
- - Includes 4 turnbuckles for mounting to your truck via a Happijac or Torqlift system.
- - Includes 4 manually operated legs which make the camper freestanding and allow you to install and remove from your truck.
- Safety
- - CO2/ propane detector
- - Smoke detector
- - Fire extinguisher
- - Emergency exit zipper at sleeping area.

# Awesome, how much?
New this camper with the included options retails for over $17,000. Never mind waiting 3-4 months for it to be built to order! (unless you buy it from a dealer and it just happens to have the configuration you want).

See a detailed pricing breakdown for new units at Northstar's website: http://www.northstarcampers.com/products/pop-up-truck-campers-mc600#Specs

Base price $15,515.00
Auto Ignition Water Heater w/ Exterior Port Shower $695.00
7.5 Gal. Gray Water Holding Tank $240.00
Extended Cabover (adds 18" to overall length) $625.00
Roof Rack (spaced 6' apart) $305.00
6' Fiamma Roll-Out Rear/Side Awning $465.00
Fantastic Fan Vent Cover $65.00
Total retail 2016 $17,490.00

I am asking $9,900 for the camper which is an amazing deal to get started camping right now and enjoy the rest of your summer!

# Will it fit my truck?
I've used it for many months on my 1999 4x4 Toyota Tacoma with no issues. If you have never owned a truck camper before, there are a few things you need to know to answer this question. I am by no means an expert on truck fit and I would suggest you contact your local truck camper dealer for specific questions. But I have learned a lot from owning this camper which I have shared in this document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10MFYGZWlvRo7hnIjrl4TbQwCoeO_NUZ_sWqKTmE7HO4/edit?usp=sharing

# Where to get your truck setup
To take the truck camper home you'll need your truck setup for a truck camper. This means you have the following:

1. A suspension which can handle the load
2. Tie-downs installed
3. 7-pin wiring harness (optional but recommended)

Search for truck camper dealers near you. You can also search for RV dealers but they tend to not be as helpful. It will cost around $400-500 to get your truck setup depending on your needs.

You are welcome to come preview the camper even if your truck is not setup. I can also make arrangements if you need some time to get things installed.

# Is anything broken?
Older campers are notorious for breaking - luckily this model is a 2011 and almost new. There are 3 small issues that I know of:
1. There is a tear in the screen over the sink which can easily be patched with seam tape.
2. The fridge does not currently work on propane. This is likely because of a blocked flue but I have not fixed it yet as I always run off 110v hookups at campsites.
3. The CO2 detector is faulty, but I'm in the process of replacing it. If it's not complete when you purchase the camper I can take $75 off the cost to cover the part.

# Awesome, I want it! Where can I see it?
The camper is located in the Boston, Massachusetts and is best viewed during the week between 8am-7pm. Please direct message me to arrange a showing. It takes about 30-40 minutes to preview the camper and all its functions.

I can accommodate weekends with advance notice.

Showing start Wednesday, August 4th.

Thanks, and enjoy the camping!
- Matt

Last edited:

mmiller001

Yes, still for sale @BoneShaker

The craigslist ad expired so here is a new link. I've made a site to redirect to make it easier to keep one link: tacocamper.com

I've also reduced the price to $8,500 and will consider reasonable offers. :wings:

mmiller001

FYI price is lowered to $6800.

With winter approaching New England its worth pointing out this camper has a heat furnace. We've used it a few nights in cold, below freezing weather and it stays nice and warm. Uses about 1/4-1/3 tank per day so will get you through the weekend.

Many people have asked why we are selling it - we live in a 5th story apartment and don't have access to water or electricity outside to keep the camper "ready to go". It would really benefit from being in a house with a driveway or garage where the 110 power could be hooked up, keeping the fridge cold and battery charged. And for the water system you need a hose to fill it. Because we can't do this in the city we are looking to downgrade to something more manageable.

- Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94